What is on your workbench Tinkerers?

Schematics, layouts & other technical mumbo jumbo.

Moderator: The Captain

walkingtiger

Re: What is on your workbench Tinkerers?

Post by walkingtiger »

Wow! You are truly talented, I can’t believe accomplishing a build like this! The board looks beautiful, and I love the sticker on the bookend headstock! Dream guitar right there, I hope it brings lots of inspiration!
Nick
The Artist Formerly Known As nightraven

Post by Nick »

Here's a little so-called restoration jobby that I did to a mystreated Jumbo Tone Bender a few weeks ago. It was kinda temperamental when it came to me, and it had a replacement footswitch that was wired to be very much non-true bypass. Along with fixing it, I decided to also redo the whole wiring to hopefully make it more presentable and future-proof. Couldn't resist sticking in an old vintage-correct footswitch though :badteeth:

A chunk of the PCB had been broken off right where the power rail sat, and so a previous tech has basically globbed a blob of solder in place and left the battery wire precariously hanging off it. I removed all of that, fitted a jumper wire across the break, and then reconnected the battery wire to an unused part of the power rail. I also fitted some PCB terminals to hook the wiring up to rather than connecting the wires straight to the board. This surely doesn't make any difference to the majority of the wiring, but it hopefully gives a bit of strain relief to the battery wire (and I like to think that it's also just good practice that they should've done at the factory!)

Anyway, here's the before:

... and here's the after:

phidias

Post by phidias »

Nice job!
I Love Rock'n'Roll - Compression Kills The Music - Never Put Off Until Tomorrow What You Can Buy Today!
simonm

Post by simonm »

I've been working on a commission this week - the brief was to make a Mk1 TB with all vintage parts, and no tweaks or concessions to modernity, with TI 2G381s and a Mullard OC75 - looks and sounds cool i think! quick rough vid in the Good Fuzzy Sounds thread.

replicases wedge should be delivered tomorrow!
Handmade, high-impact, great-looking radical queer germanium fuzz. A different approach to 1960s-inspired fuzz pedals, no clones, check them out at https://goodfuzzysounds.com or on YouTube https://tinyurl.com/GFS-YT
squarewave

Post by squarewave »

Love
Insta @drewcifer01 @lavafangs @andrew_sings_solo
spofftastic

Post by spofftastic »

Killer
walkingtiger

Post by walkingtiger »

Fine selection! Would love to hear it
simonm

Post by simonm »

walkingtiger wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 6:21 pm Fine selection! Would love to hear it
sounds like a Tone Bender :)

Handmade, high-impact, great-looking radical queer germanium fuzz. A different approach to 1960s-inspired fuzz pedals, no clones, check them out at https://goodfuzzysounds.com or on YouTube https://tinyurl.com/GFS-YT
HorseyBoy

Post by HorseyBoy »

Nick wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 1:40 pm Here's a little so-called restoration jobby that I did to a mystreated Jumbo Tone Bender a few weeks ago.
You're getting pretty good at this tinkering stuff, Nick. Must be huffing a lot of solder fumes. :badteeth: :freakout: :smashed:
Nick
The Artist Formerly Known As nightraven

Post by Nick »

HorseyBoy wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:37 pm
Nick wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 1:40 pm Here's a little so-called restoration jobby that I did to a mystreated Jumbo Tone Bender a few weeks ago.
You're getting pretty good at this tinkering stuff, Nick. Must be huffing a lot of solder fumes. :badteeth: :freakout: :smashed:
Thanks Horsey! I'm being very careful with the fumes so that the fire alarm in my apartment block doesn't go off :wink2: