Fuzzaround feeding frenzy .. !?

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

mrpicard

Re: Fuzzaround feeding frenzy .. !?

Post by mrpicard »

Graham wrote:Donovan - the answer is yes of course you must try for it!!!!!
Please do, I love watching these sales: it is so exciting being an outsider :D
mrpicard

Post by mrpicard »

Graham wrote:And it's one of the first ten black models - seriously though I can see these particular pedals taking on a real reputation for themselves - especially the very first of them and I would imagine the time would soon come where they would easily be seen as the match of that 65 when it comes to the desirability stakes (and it follows the value).

With all the good folks who have been bemoaning their failure to make the listings - well now they have a chance at one - dig deep - it's prioritisation time guys!! In my humble opinion these pedals will become known as true classics - just as with the Mk 1 Tonebender - the original Buzzaround is effectively unobtainable and Dave has already said that with one thing and another (including access to & availability of suitable transistors) he will not be making any more in a hurry!
Seems to me that:

1. The Burns Buzzaround is almost as rare as the MKI
2. Takes more work to build than a MKI.
3. Has more tone/fuzz flexibility than a MKI

All good reasons to suggest that a D*A*M Fuzzaround would be a very good buy indeed :D
tatter

Post by tatter »

The only thing that irks me is that:

a) Philip has an amazing MKI replica and i don't!
b) I can't afford to buy that Buzzaround!
http://www.myspace.com/sinisterfootwear
http://www.reverbnation.com/sinisterfootwear

Fender Vintage Player Stratocaster > D*A*M AA > Arion SAD-1 > Line 6 M9 > Ibanez 850 Mini Fuzz > CAE Boost / Line Driver
Philip

Post by Philip »

Hey there folks, it's Philip! Erm, just taking a break from my internet sabbatical!? :hihi:

I knew putting the fuzzaround on ebay would get some interesting comments and obviously surprise a number of people.

I just want to clear a few things yup in case you think I'm a cunt or something! :oops:

First of all, I'm a rather impulsive person, I see something I buy it, even if I can't really afford it or really need it I also sell things that I feel I just ain't using much. Psycho Daisies is right on how I view gear, but it doesn;t stop me buying stuff. :bangs head:

Anyway, I am in debt via my credit card and I need to have that cleared this year(I am failing miserably!), I'm getting a bit desperate, thus the fuzzaround was on ebay. I've took it down as for various reasons I just can't let myself sell the thing!!! BUT, I doubt I will be using it that much, and that feels just as weird as selling it on to someone who would use it a lot!

Over the years I have made and lost money selling and buying D*A*M pedals, I think it has probably evened out, but I can understand how some may see my selling of the 65 as a rather dubious thing to do. I didn't sell my 1965 for anything near the recent 65 price, plus it went to mrpicard who I knew would love and get a lot of use out of it.

I actually felt guilty about selling the 65 after all the work Dave put in to them and also, he did me a good favour(again!)with regards to that particular pedal in the first place, but the right offer was made by the right person and my lust for a solid state vox was satisfied due to that sale... So, in a way Dave made two people very happy!? :dance:

I'll be honest and upfront and say that the recent 65 price certainly influenced my short term decision to put the fuzzaround on ebay, but alas my personal morals about stuff like that etc etc has meant I've pulled the sale.

Despite the fact that the fuzzaround is the more versatile fuzz pedal, I still prefer the raw sound of the MKI, now that I have the right innards in the right box(Just what I've always wanted since the mid 90's!) the fuzzaround won't be seeing much use... ain't that a crime!? :hmm:

Have I said too much, or maybe not enough!?

Anyway, the new forum is real cool! 8-)

Philip
mhat

Post by mhat »

I know how you feel. I have a whole bundle of debt and just came to the end of my current contract, which coincided with a huge tax bill. Moment of panic before I was retained for another 2 months. Then I found that the tax bill was an estimate based on the inspector sticking his finger in the air. So no more Heinz butties, back to large cappuccinos and caviar !

In the past I've advertised stuff on the forum before resorting to eBay but believe me, if things hadn't changed I'd have had to dump everything I owned onto eBay and prayed for a bidding war.

BTW, MKI (as good a username as it is) is going to take some getting used to. :shocked: 'cos I have imagined faces/lives/houses etc. for each username (not in a creepy way).

Hope everything sorts itself out without you needing to sacrifice too much gear.

All the best,
Mike
tatter

Post by tatter »

Hey Philip, how's about a review of that MKI while you're on the forum :)
http://www.myspace.com/sinisterfootwear
http://www.reverbnation.com/sinisterfootwear

Fender Vintage Player Stratocaster > D*A*M AA > Arion SAD-1 > Line 6 M9 > Ibanez 850 Mini Fuzz > CAE Boost / Line Driver
mrpicard

Post by mrpicard »

MKI wrote:I didn't sell my 1965 for anything near the recent 65 price, plus it went to mrpicard who I knew would love and get a lot of use out of it. I actually felt guilty about selling the 65 ... but the right offer was made by the right person and my lust for a solid state vox was satisfied due to that sale... So, in a way Dave made two people very happy!?
That is me :-) You know, that sale did even more than make Philip and me happy. As a result of obtaining the 65 it motivated me to understand more about D*A*M pedals, the history, the versions etc, etc. So, as a result I went on to do the galleries, the registry and a bunch of other D*A*M-related stuff. If I didn't get the 65 I probably would have just wandered off somewhere else and none of those things would have been built. That is the thing about selling these pedals and passing them on to other people to also love them: you never know what that new owner may create. That is why I encourage people to sell pedals they are not using. You never know what amazing things a new owner may do as a result of the purchase...
Philip

Post by Philip »

tatter wrote:Hey Philip, how's about a review of that MKI while you're on the forum :)
It has one usable sound, but it does it so well - raw, nasty and very fuzzy! :freakout:
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

Just checking in here at the new forum today, wow I missed out on a lot on this one. Philip put his fuzzaround up?!? I never saw the auction, but I did see a MK II go for over 700. I am glad you decided to keep it, as soon as I read that I was going to go for it in the bidding, and try for two! Ah well, I am happy you had a change of heart.
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
cubba

Post by cubba »

MKI wrote:
tatter wrote:Hey Philip, how's about a review of that MKI while you're on the forum :)
It has one usable sound, but it does it so well - raw, nasty and very fuzzy! :freakout:

Hey Phillip,

Is it just like the 1965 or different
(that is, if you're not on a total sabbatical)?

:tongue:
What gets me is all the tweaking,
just crank that bitch and be done with it! -- duende