HELP! - Ibanez GA10 Micro Teacher Mini Amp

Schematics, layouts & other technical mumbo jumbo.

Moderator: The Captain

HorseyBoy

Re: HELP! - Ibanez GA10 Micro Teacher Mini Amp

Post by HorseyBoy »

Pedals alive, you're alive. Good result! :tu:
mondo500

Post by mondo500 »

I have one of those, but it's always run off a 9v battery as far as I know. I'll open it up a bit later when I have the chance.. perhaps they went through different phases. Good for those times I find myself filling in for a music class and there's no amp in the room! Can't be done without channeling Jack Black in School of Rock, but I do like playing electric guitar for a bunch of people who call me "sir"

*edit* OK, now that I look at it there appears to be space for a pair of AA battery holders. I had forgotten that the original 9v DC socket was replaced at some point with a Boss-style version. Perhaps when this was done the tinkerer made the switch to a single 9v battery... soldering is a little messy at the ends of the wires. I can't tell if any modifications were made to accommodate the new battery type, but the Micro Teacher does go through them rather quickly. I tend to use the cheapest carbon zincs I can find, though, so stinginess on my part may be a factor.
daCod

Post by daCod »

someone left a comment on my YouTube vid for this so came back to research a bit. figured i'd add it to the thread.

been going back through my photo[fuck]bucket account - deep diving the vault - and finding a whole mess of shit i've owned over the years. fun and sad at the same time.

https://youtu.be/jyvvkvGPLUE

dan - do you still have this? pretty sure it was you who bought it from me.
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")