Hey yo tinkerers corner. Are we here to help each other or am I just having a crywank

Schematics, layouts & other technical mumbo jumbo.

Moderator: The Captain

MEH!

Hey yo tinkerers corner. Are we here to help each other or am I just having a crywank

Post by MEH! »

From my original post (2nd time)

WTB transistors, diodes, caps etcetera. Any leads or tips appreciated as to where to source nice quality components. I have a small collection of PCB and vero boards that I'd like to start playing with. I can source most modern parts from Jaycar but am keen to look into more vintage components.
Thanks in advance
MEH!

Re: Hey yo tinkerers corner. Are we here to help each other or am I just having a crywank

Post by MEH! »

Wow. Just after a reliable generic supplier. Not trying to scab the remaining 59 black glass OC44's or anything. The response has been overwhelming
Dr Tony Balls

Re: Hey yo tinkerers corner. Are we here to help each other or am I just having a crywank

Post by Dr Tony Balls »

Could it be possible that, like me, others just dont have an answer to your question?
jreeves47

Post by jreeves47 »

superslidetail

Post by superslidetail »

I just use eBay for that kind of stuff. :shrug:
Orange Haze...it ain't Purple no more...
fernieite

Post by fernieite »

Dr Tony Balls wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:58 pm Could it be possible that, like me, others just dont have an answer to your question?
Yeah, exactly.

And don't forget, this is a very small forum. There's only about 1000 members. It's not like the Gear Page or anything.

Sorry, I can't help with the component search. I hope you find what you're looking for.
Great deals with: Stu, Graham, Sickle, Devnulljp, SteveG, peps1, paine, fuzzface6669, jetofuj, sciencefriction, jerms, rafmax, Bigfoot2000, whiskeyfuneral, monolithfuzz.
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

Sorry dude I don’t build. Maybe hit up Matt at Blackstrap or Antti @ Thunderbird? They still use the forum from time to time and might know where to purchase or have a stash of what your looking for
innerflight

Post by innerflight »

I have no clue about these things but this just popped up on my ebay feed - https://www.ebay.com/itm/352830671642
’brutish in character but not thug like’
resynthesis

Post by resynthesis »

If you're looking to fiddle around with germanium trannies, I'd check out eBay for Russian components. You can pick up decent components pretty cheaply and the good thing is that you can buy enough to sort yourself.

Have a look at this maybe:
https://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/ ... c=117061.0
MEH!

Post by MEH! »

resynthesis wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:24 pm If you're looking to fiddle around with germanium trannies, I'd check out eBay for Russian components. You can pick up decent components pretty cheaply and the good thing is that you can buy enough to sort yourself.

Have a look at this maybe:
https://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/ ... c=117061.0
Awesome thanks man. Massive resource