Hey yo tinkerers corner. Are we here to help each other or am I just having a crywank

Schematics, layouts & other technical mumbo jumbo.

Moderator: The Captain

MEH!

Re: Hey yo tinkerers corner. Are we here to help each other or am I just having a crywank

Post by MEH! »

Doc Holliday wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:10 am Sorry dude I don’t build. Maybe hit up Matt at Blackstrap or Antti @ Thunderbird? They still use the forum from time to time and might know where to purchase or have a stash of what your looking for
Thanks I'll drop Antti and line
MEH!

Re: Hey yo tinkerers corner. Are we here to help each other or am I just having a crywank

Post by MEH! »

Dr Tony Balls wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:58 pm Could it be possible that, like me, others just dont have an answer to your question?
Maybe but I thought this thread was for people who play around or tinker with pedals
MEH!

Post by MEH! »

fernieite wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:36 pm
Dr Tony Balls wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:58 pm Could it be possible that, like me, others just dont have an answer to your question?
Yeah, exactly.

And don't forget, this is a very small forum. There's only about 1000 members. It's not like the Gear Page or anything.

Sorry, I can't help with the component search. I hope you find what you're looking for.
Understand what you're saying however this thread was for people who play around or tinker with pedals for personal use. I'd have thought at a minimum someone would say dunno bro prior to my bumping the thread
Laundromat

Post by Laundromat »

MEH! wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:45 am
Doc Holliday wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:10 am Sorry dude I don’t build. Maybe hit up Matt at Blackstrap or Antti @ Thunderbird? They still use the forum from time to time and might know where to purchase or have a stash of what your looking for
There's no easy way I'm afraid. You just keep your eyes peeled and might be able to find a little bit here and a little more there. What people might not realise about the builds that use new-old stuff is how much time it takes to source everything.
If you're starting to dabble with building stuff, I'd recommend starting out with off the shelf components from Mouser or such. For germanium transistors you obviously need to look elsewhere, but I personally wouldn't use the fancy stuff for my first builds. Years later you will wonder why you wasted the good bits on your first efforts. Even after making a few builds, I still always make one trial of everything with just the ordinary parts to make sure everything is set before breaking out anything remotely rare.
Condolences, the bums lost!
MEH!

Post by MEH! »

Laundromat wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:52 pm
MEH! wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:45 am
There's no easy way I'm afraid. You just keep your eyes peeled and might be able to find a little bit here and a little more there. What people might not realise about the builds that use new-old stuff is how much time it takes to source everything.
If you're starting to dabble with building stuff, I'd recommend starting out with off the shelf components from Mouser or such. For germanium transistors you obviously need to look elsewhere, but I personally wouldn't use the fancy stuff for my first builds. Years later you will wonder why you wasted the good bits on your first efforts. Even after making a few builds, I still always make one trial of everything with just the ordinary parts to make sure everything is set before breaking out anything remotely rare.
Thanks Annti
Btw can you pm me some thunderbird stuff or links! You're a good man my friend!