What is on your workbench Tinkerers?

Schematics, layouts & other technical mumbo jumbo.

Moderator: The Captain

Lee

Re: What is on your workbench Tinkerers?

Post by Lee »

Can I buy one of the rotosound enclosures Tony? Please
Zuff-1A

Post by Zuff-1A »

Cool things going on here in the garages :badlove: :cheers:
squarewave

Post by squarewave »

Dr Tony Balls wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:13 pm Are you heat setting your paint on that wah enclosure? I was just given three repro rotosound fuzz enclosures but they're raw. Was probably gonna take them to get powder coated, but didnt know if maybe I could do a decent finish myself.
I wasn’t going to, I was going to give it a a goodly amount of time to dry and clear coat it....and give it a decent amount of time to dry. It’s quite warm here at the moment so I think that might be good enough to get it to set.

Painting with the rattle can is easier than with the spray gun in the booth but that being said, the paint has been thinned down for the guitar painting so it more prone to running. I was presently surprised how easy it was to use the can of hammer paint and how it looks like the real deal.
Insta @drewcifer01 @lavafangs @andrew_sings_solo
simonm

Post by simonm »

Lee wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:00 pm Can I buy one of the rotosound enclosures...

https://www.gapco.co.uk/vintage-pedal-enclosure.html
Handmade, high-impact, great-looking radical queer germanium fuzz. A different approach to 1960s-inspired fuzz pedals, no clones, check them out at https://goodfuzzysounds.com or on YouTube https://tinyurl.com/GFS-YT
HorseyBoy

Post by HorseyBoy »

squarewave wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:20 pm I wasn’t going to, I was going to give it a a goodly amount of time to dry and clear coat it....and give it a decent amount of time to dry. It’s quite warm here at the moment so I think that might be good enough to get it to set.

Painting with the rattle can is easier than with the spray gun in the booth but that being said, the paint has been thinned down for the guitar painting so it more prone to running. I was presently surprised how easy it was to use the can of hammer paint and how it looks like the real deal.
Can't wait to see that one finished up, Drew. Stu's wahs are the business!
squarewave

Post by squarewave »

HorseyBoy wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:11 am
squarewave wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:20 pm I wasn’t going to, I was going to give it a a goodly amount of time to dry and clear coat it....and give it a decent amount of time to dry. It’s quite warm here at the moment so I think that might be good enough to get it to set.

Can't wait to see that one finished up, Drew. Stu's wahs are the business!
Aint they just awesome! Hope the weather stays warm so the paint dry's toot sweet.
Insta @drewcifer01 @lavafangs @andrew_sings_solo
Lee

Post by Lee »

Thank you Simonm I didn’t know these were for sale and able to buy. :cheers:

simonm wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:48 pm
Lee wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:00 pm Can I buy one of the rotosound enclosures...

https://www.gapco.co.uk/vintage-pedal-enclosure.html
Dr Tony Balls

Post by Dr Tony Balls »

Thanks for the input, squarewave!

And Lee, yeah i'm guessing the enclosures I have come from the same supplier. A buddy bought them and sent them to me.
Dr Tony Balls

Post by Dr Tony Balls »

Rangemaster IN an amp.

Bigfoot2000

Post by Bigfoot2000 »

Yes!!
Instagram: @bigfoot.2000