monday night FUZZ

Visual and Audio delights of D*A*M and other such noise makers.

Moderator: The Captain

capricorn_1

Re: monday night FUZZ

Post by capricorn_1 »

dare i say that Blunders rebuild looks better than the original?! *ducks* :dance:
Ghost Effects, Birmingham, UK

the Sizzle Hills are Chapel Perilous - Sickle
mjkk

Post by mjkk »

Yeah DaCod, I had one of the protofuzz's with the input cap knob on the outside. It was blue in a YY case and I put a decal on there saying it was a Protofuzz on the bottom by the switch. I think WGarces has it now (with a few other of Bryans builds:) But Yeah that Protofuzz was a fantasic pedal, it was very high gain and tight, I wish I still had it as it was one of those pedals you could use in any situation that you needed dirt. Cleaned up great with your guitar volume as well
"Yes I remember a brave guy named Roger dancing around musicians and cleaning their shoes. Occasionally we gave him our broken pedals for repair to get peace for some hours."
DucRyder

Post by DucRyder »

Sounds killer Cody, glad I didn't bid on that case when it was on the bay.
"...Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…" H.S.T.
daCod

Re:

Post by daCod »

DucRyder wrote:Sounds killer Cody, glad I didn't bid on that case when it was on the bay.
me too!!!!
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
DucRyder

Post by DucRyder »

Ya done good!
"...Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…" H.S.T.
jetofuj

Post by jetofuj »

Can we have Fuzzstainer's demo, please :marx:
daCod

Post by daCod »

:party:
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
daCod

Post by daCod »

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
daCod

Post by daCod »

:party:

this is the most germanium sounding silicon pedal i've ever played. hole in one this one.
it's out of this world the tones you can get from it. the video is long (10 min - sorry) and it could have been longer.
my best way of describing: a fuzz with a comp driver / red rooster interweaved in the circuit.

knobs are, as viewed in video perspective left to right...
top left - tone... full ccw bass boost, full cw treble boost. @ noon, flat response. gets louder @ full ccw or full cw
top right - volume
front left - fuzz... full ccw, fuzz @ max, full cw, fuzz @ min
front right - bias: proper bias on this one is around 9:00 - very little, next to no gating

the tone knob is outrageous. dark guitar? go treble side. bright guitar? back to the bass side. dark or bright amp? dial it in baby.
this one is lucky #13 and will soon be solidly mine. on loan from Jim but he's not getting it back. fat envelope full of green paper, yes... but no pedal! :hihi:
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
joegagan

Post by joegagan »

that things sounds freakin beautiful
"Scuze me while I rip the sky....."--DucRyder