monday night FUZZ

Visual and Audio delights of D*A*M and other such noise makers.

Moderator: The Captain

redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

Having played MANY meatheads and a couple colorsound one knobbers I'd say they are similar but the meathead has more gain and depending on the particular voicing of the meat a bit more modern and "middy"
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
superfuzz

Post by superfuzz »

Thank you
I am very naive - I never realised they were so closely related but I should have guess really.
superfuzz

Re: monday night FUZZ

Post by superfuzz »

Thought I'd join in but I'm too lazy to get a camera and fart about so here's my Monday Fuzz brought to you by PhotoBooth
- Damn that shit is hard to get in shot/see what ya doing/take the photo
Attachments
Dream Crusher.jpg
Dream Crusher.jpg (86.2 KiB) Viewed 4004 times
daCod

Post by daCod »

it's monday night. time for some fuzz :crackjam:
before...

half way there...

all done...

next to blunder's OG box...

and how does she sound?

fuzz knob at noon, then up to 3/4. had to back off the amp a bit when upped to 3/4... was nearing quiet time around these parts.
the DR103 in's were bridged w/normal full and bright at 3:00... master pretty low and then even lower for ^^^ 3/4 fuzz.
cleans up pretty alright - even better tho with lower output p/u's. the beast's old dimarzio's are pretty hot... they sounded perfect w/daFuzz.

bryan said he just didnt feel right putting the board into the blue case as is. thought it should look a little more like the original.
he built one up using the original layout, except w/ 1/2 watt resistors... in/out jacks reversed/as labeled... on /off volume pot for conserving the 9's... :badlove:
he went above and beyond with this and i am forever grateful.
hands down this was (before rehouse) and still is my favorite fuzz pedal.
it kicked serious ass before it went under the iron and now it's back and old blue aint takin' shit from no-one :cthulhu2:

:headbanger:
Last edited by daCod on Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

Nice riffin man! Sounding good that one knobber!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
daCod

Post by daCod »

first try at a SoundClould recording. messing with some mic app's on the new iPhone.
not too bad, but you guys be the judge and jury

http://soundcloud.com/dacod/sounds-from-wednesday
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
modeerf

Post by modeerf »

Sounds pretty dam good man, especially for a recording done with your phone. The fuzz with driver is great! The deluxe sounds like a winner as well...
Do Drugs, Worship Satan.
cajone5

Re:

Post by cajone5 »

daCod wrote:
That thing sounds epic :headpop:
Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.
daCod

Re:

Post by daCod »

modeerf wrote:Sounds pretty dam good man, especially for a recording done with your phone. The fuzz with driver is great! The deluxe sounds like a winner as well...
yeah, it really suprised me. MicPro was free. figured i'd give it a shot. glad i did.

tried three placements of the mic/phone:
- behind me, where to my ears it sounded best... poo poo quality not suitable for audiences
- about 16" back, 12" off the ground, positioned directly between the 2 cabs... better but very room-ish and for the most part, crap
- 3" off the grille cloth, 12" off the ground... what you heard on SoundCloud. winner.

definitely not done messing with this. more to come for sure. should suffice till an interface of some sort and SM57 are acquired.
cajone5 wrote:
daCod wrote:
That thing sounds epic :headpop:
i can NOT get enough of the blunder fuzz. best of the best of the bestested best.
cocked wah now has the first one knob (the one bryan was going to rehouse but built another instead) so i smell a side by side comp a brewing.

in searching through old posts, what's up with the Protofuzz #2 with an input tone cap blend knob and & Protofuzz #3 one knobber?
similar to this guy at all? they both look tasty :drool2:
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
daCod

Post by daCod »

:party:
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")