Stacking Fuzzes?

Visual and Audio delights of D*A*M and other such noise makers.

Moderator: The Captain

redeyeflight

Re: Stacking Fuzzes?

Post by redeyeflight »

kristo wrote:It does create some noise, but I think it's too much for me and my dirty blues style. I think I'm heading for the classic treble booster/fuzz combo!
Oh yeah man....my analogman sunlion is awesome!! Treble boost and fuzz face all in one. They don't make em anymore but you can buy the pedals seperately and have at it. Cool sound w/ both of them on...and would be dope for some grungy blues stuff
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
kristo

Post by kristo »

redeyeflight wrote: Oh yeah man....my analogman sunlion is awesome!! Treble boost and fuzz face all in one. They don't make em anymore but you can buy the pedals seperately and have at it. Cool sound w/ both of them on...and would be dope for some grungy blues stuff
Great, as if I didn't want a Sunlion enough already........
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

kristo wrote:
redeyeflight wrote: Oh yeah man....my analogman sunlion is awesome!! Treble boost and fuzz face all in one. They don't make em anymore but you can buy the pedals seperately and have at it. Cool sound w/ both of them on...and would be dope for some grungy blues stuff
Great, as if I didn't want a Sunlion enough already........
hey, really all it is is the beano boost and the sunface put together in one pedal...the beano boost is dope btw, and is a worthy purchase on its own. i'd love to try a red rooster against one sometime...
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
steinwand

Post by steinwand »

I do lots of fuzz stacking ...

HellBilly > Greer Orange Crush > MJM London > AM Peppermint > Beano > Dirt Transmitter ...

all are 'interstackable'
All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players ...
jacobjj5

Post by jacobjj5 »

I like to rough up my '66 with the Red Rooster occasionally...it's like a shot of adrenalin to the fuzz tone!
Decy

Post by Decy »

I've been looking for another fuzz to go with my meathead recently, I used a russian muff with it a couple of times and it sounded lovley and hefty, any other suggestions?
JP30

Post by JP30 »

I don't usually like stacking fuzz pedals, but I found that fuzztone going into Tonebenders sounds pretty good. nothing crazy, but it adds BRASSy high end and make the tonebenders more spitty. Red rooster is great for that too, but rooster before fuzz is bit too bright for me (I always use red rooster after the fuzz)
bass come though better with Fuzztone(fuzznugget).

I tried fuzztone(fuzznugget) with analogman Ge sunface and Silicon sunface, but it got too bright.

fuzznugget going into Drag'N'Fly is great too. makes Drag'n'F spit a little fire.
TheWarmth

Post by TheWarmth »

I was doing some recording recently and ran my one-knobber Meat into my Fuzzrong for a pretty crazy tone. It's always loads of fun to experiment with weird combinations.
psycho*daisies

Post by psycho*daisies »

seems some combinations work better than others...

like when you get two that have different tonal range.
..like the brightness of a fuzzrong
with the darkness of a meathead
If you struggle baby,
It only tightens up...