Castledine Wizard

Visual and Audio delights of D*A*M and other such noise makers.

Moderator: The Captain

Zzufrepus

Re: Castledine Wizard

Post by Zzufrepus »

:crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam:
jerms

Post by jerms »

The wizard is a fantastic pedal for sure! Stu nailed it with this one! :tu:
innerflight

Post by innerflight »

Great demo, and an awesome sounding pedal mmmmmm
’brutish in character but not thug like’
sciencefriction

Post by sciencefriction »

Very cool demo, superb sounding and looking pedal. I'm always on the lookout for a pedal that captures my favorite iconic tones. Looks pretty fantastic too. :crackjam:
FuzzSonic

Post by FuzzSonic »

What kind of gain does it have? For example is it similar to a dope Priest?

My usual preference is foe pedals is dimed fuzz and volume and then when you turn it on its like being kicked in the face.
stella_blues

Post by stella_blues »

There's loads of gain on tap, I think it sounds best with the gain set high, great for palm muted riffs. Responds well to pick attack, and some nice crunchy tones when you roll the guitar vol back.
It does like to be in front of a loud clean amp, doesn't work well into a dirty amp. Great pedal :party:
anemochore
Location: Outside of Suquamish at the bottem end of Hawkeye's trail next door to Nooshkum

Post by anemochore »

FuzzSonic wrote:What kind of gain does it have? For example is it similar to a dope Priest?

My usual preference is foe pedals is dimed fuzz and volume and then when you turn it on its like being kicked in the face.
Nothing like the Dope Priest.
Is essentially a treble boost overdriving a preamp
Like a treble boost it responds well to volume and pick attack, same for cutting through a mix
Dirty
Don't make me assume my ultimate form
Stu

Post by Stu »

Yep, that about sums it up, it's best with a clean amp. I have a couple in stock, no list. :badteeth:
FuzzSonic

Post by FuzzSonic »

Great, thanks for the info.

I do have a Analogman Mini Beano Boost but its no where near as loud as my other pedals so I mainly use it to muck around on at home. Really tempted to push the button on this one - is it loud? I like alot of boost when I kick on a pedal.
Chris R

Post by Chris R »

daCod wrote:

bringen teh heavy in a sleek n sexay blak boxx
Thanks for the demo , funny , ran across The Wizard on the Castledine Electronics website a few days ago,never heard about it...I'am a big Sabbath Fan , & now have to add this to my never ending list of gear that I want...think it sounds awesome ! !