colorsound mighty atom!!!!

Visual and Audio delights of D*A*M and other such noise makers.

Moderator: The Captain

oceanview

Re: colorsound mighty atom!!!!

Post by oceanview »

Hello Electric Warrior, thanks for your reply. I'm pretty sure my Shatterbox clone won't generate that sustained sound - but it is a clone of the later Barnes&Mullin version which evidently 'improved' on the original design (maybe some of the rough edges were taken off?). It only has a single switch, not the two on the original Shatterbox. Your observation on the wah interesting - I wonder whether he started on a Cry Baby? Lastly, can I ask how you know about the Vox Conqueror - I hadn't heard of him using one of those before. I thought it was just a Vox AC30 which appears in the pics occasionally. Not sure if I mentioned that the Vampower head which he may have had by the time of the brown album had a dirt circuit which could have helped.
Electric Warrior

Post by Electric Warrior »

I don't have a schematic of the Barnes & Mullins Shatterbox. Chances are it doesn't have anything to do with the Hornby Skewes one. :hmm:

I found out about the Supremes (sorry, I thought it was a Conqueror) on a list of gear the band brought to the Weeley Festival: http://www.ukrockfestivals.com/weeley-rex-tilston.html
I've seen it in a couple of pictures and videos since then.

Though I guess they might have been used as bass amps?
Everything is transitional.
jerms

Post by jerms »

is this your shatterbox?? not sure it has anything to do with the JHS one......
Attachments
exel_shatterbox_001.jpg
exel_shatterbox_001.jpg (40.99 KiB) Viewed 2266 times