Infanem Compact Faye Sing B

Visual and Audio delights of D*A*M and other such noise makers.

Moderator: The Captain

Jim Goad

Post by Jim Goad »

Gorgeous sound. I love the expression pedal feature & more phasers ought to have it.
It's like an orange on a toothpick
HorseyBoy

Re: Infanem Compact Faye Sing B

Post by HorseyBoy »

^ Thanks, Jim. Yeah, the expression pedal feature is great. Really like how you can use it kind of like a wah, although I popped the Castledine wah in front of it today and threw more fuzz at it (Rat, Os Mutantes, Muff) and it sounded great. The Mix knob, being able to blend the clean and phased sounds, is also a killer feature for me. Sometimes I like just a hint of phaser bubbling and wooshing away underneath.
Francus1971

Post by Francus1971 »

Great demoes Andrew
i rally love phasers in every way but ti usually prefer em Clean. Thisa phase Like me both Clean and dirti. It sounds great with face tuo
i'd alias Like To give a a try To The faye and i thought It is based on the mutron bi-phase but who cares?
Based or not based, this beast rock out GREAT
great music and playing too
HorseyBoy

Re:

Post by HorseyBoy »

^ Thanks, Franco.
Yeah, it sounds good with fuzz as well as clean, which is great. Even with a Muff, you can dial back the phaser with the mix knob so the "whooshing" doesn't get too overwhelming. Works really well.
I think the Bi-phase was definitely the inspiration behind the Infanem Faye's Her, but the first version of the Compact Faye Sing gave a nod to the Schulte, too. The Faye Sing B really does seem to improve on both designs.
I've never tried a Schulte but love redeyeflight's demo from one of the Seattle fuzzouts. Would be great to see if this could get close to those tones head to head.
HorseyBoy

Post by HorseyBoy »

One other cool feature I discovered today (and would have discovered a lot earlier if I'd read all the instructions at the Infanem site) is that if you turn the Lower Sweep Limit knob full counter-clockwise you then get a fixed or "parked" phase with the Upper Sweep Limit Knob. There's no "wobble" or wave in the modulation that way, so it sounds kinda like a filter - great with fuzz. And with a CV pedal in the bottom plug you can then sweep the range of the fixed phase.
HorseyBoy

Post by HorseyBoy »

Quick demo of the fixed phase (with the CV pedal), going for the Los Dug Dugs 70s fuzz sound. Fuzz is a Basic Audio Fuzz Mutant (Os Mutantes fuzz) with a Stone Deaf PDF-1 taking out just a touch of the mids. Guitar is a Firebird V, amp is a Ceriatone 5E7 Bandmaster. You'll hear me "park" the phase and leave it there for the chords and riff.

chankgeez

Post by chankgeez »

Very nice, Horsey, sounds stupendous.
"Kiev is a hell of a town." - Larry King
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

Cool clips! Sounds like a great pedal. Will it self oscillate at high feedback settings?
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
HorseyBoy

Post by HorseyBoy »

^ Yep, it sure will.
It's a really well-designed pedal. If you ever get a chance to try one, do it. I have a feeling you'd be able to get GREAT sounds out of one.
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

Rad! I'd love to hear a clip where the feedback is on the closest brink to self oscillation if you ever get a chance!!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")