D*A*M MKII Love

Visual and Audio delights of D*A*M and other such noise makers.

Moderator: The Captain

CALI68

D*A*M MKII Love

Post by CALI68 »

I'm never one to blow my own horn and my demos are never about "listen to me play" ...they are always about listen to the tone. My love for the D*A*M MKII can be summed up in about .5 seconds:

:51 on this clip I did. If it's possible for a pedal to actually scream....here it is!

Scott

Post by Scott »

Cali, what trannies are in your MK2? Great demo!! Hey i'm up in Oakland. You aint too far away. Cool.
tigerdriver

Post by tigerdriver »

I was going to ask the same question, that's not a Sola right? You weren't kidding about that scream!
Scott

Post by Scott »

I don't think it's a sola sound DAM. I wonder how different the DAM MK2 sounds in comparison to the sola sound DAM MK2??
CALI68

Re:

Post by CALI68 »

Sickle wrote:
Chris makes some jamming videos. Look for more from him soonish as I'm sending a few of the boxes GMD tried out Cali's way here shortly along with one or two extras..

:whistle:
:crackjam: :marx: :freakout: :dance:

Thank you Sir! ...can't wait to get the pedals....especially the MK1 (1965)!!!

-Chris
CALI68

Re:

Post by CALI68 »

Scott wrote:Cali, what trannies are in your MK2? Great demo!! Hey i'm up in Oakland. You aint too far away. Cool.

OC75's...like the pope said, I actually prefer them.

-Chris
Last edited by CALI68 on Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
emeka

Re:

Post by emeka »

Sickle wrote:Chris has/had two D*A*M MK II's: an OC75, which was his favorite, and an OC81D he paid a butt wad of cash for and helped set the current trend we're all enjoying in high dollar OC81D builds(thanks, guy.. :hihi: ). He actually preferred his OC75, which he sold to partially pay for the 81D, and after going through a bit of trouble, was actually able to get his prized OC75 pedal back, and sold the 81D. Its an interesting tale, and I don't share it to bring shame to my fuzz brother rather than I have a desire to point out that the background radiation scuttlebutt that claims the 81D transistor is superior to the 75 is pretty much a load of horse buckey.

I'm down for days with just about any fuzz circuit that harnesses the pant-shitting Godhead of the OC75, MK II or otherwise. My last D*A*M MK II I even requested OC75's when I could probably have had just about whatever I wanted tossed in there, but the 75's made me more than happy enough.

They're fuzz pedal these Professional MK II's, guys.

They have three transistors, the equivalent of a built-in treble booster.

Guys.

Its cool to be able to cleanup a monster fuzz circuit like the MK II, for sure, its a major sign of skill in the builder, but the MK II is supposed to howl, not mewl..

Guys.

Get it?

Guys..?

:paranoid:

Chris makes some jamming videos. Look for more from him soonish as I'm sending a few of the boxes GMD tried out Cali's way here shortly along with one or two extras..

:hihi:
When you hear the word "guys," turn around and greet the newest member of your cali68 vid collection. And if you say "no shit," he'll even hang out while you screen it...
facebook.com/neptunemassivemusic

facebook.com/paermusic
CALI68

Re: Re:

Post by CALI68 »

emeka wrote:
Sickle wrote:Chris has/had two D*A*M MK II's: an OC75, which was his favorite, and an OC81D he paid a butt wad of cash for and helped set the current trend we're all enjoying in high dollar OC81D builds(thanks, guy.. :hihi: ). He actually preferred his OC75, which he sold to partially pay for the 81D, and after going through a bit of trouble, was actually able to get his prized OC75 pedal back, and sold the 81D. Its an interesting tale, and I don't share it to bring shame to my fuzz brother rather than I have a desire to point out that the background radiation scuttlebutt that claims the 81D transistor is superior to the 75 is pretty much a load of horse buckey.

I'm down for days with just about any fuzz circuit that harnesses the pant-shitting Godhead of the OC75, MK II or otherwise. My last D*A*M MK II I even requested OC75's when I could probably have had just about whatever I wanted tossed in there, but the 75's made me more than happy enough.

They're fuzz pedal these Professional MK II's, guys.

They have three transistors, the equivalent of a built-in treble booster.

Guys.

Its cool to be able to cleanup a monster fuzz circuit like the MK II, for sure, its a major sign of skill in the builder, but the MK II is supposed to howl, not mewl..

Guys.

Get it?

Guys..?

:paranoid:

:hihi:
When you hear the word "guys," turn around and greet the newest member of your cali68 vid collection. And if you say "no shit," he'll even hang out while you screen it...

I don't get it. (?) You lost me on that one

-Chris
emeka

Re: D*A*M MKII Love

Post by emeka »

Mr. Show reference from the underground tape railroad sketch. Can't speak for D...
facebook.com/neptunemassivemusic

facebook.com/paermusic
worldcatalyst

Re: D*A*M MKII Love

Post by worldcatalyst »

Sounded great man! Makes me miss mine even more. But I did get a once in a lifetime trade with mine, so all's not lost. :crackjam: