FUZZ - documentary about stompboxes (with capt Maine)

Visual and Audio delights of D*A*M and other such noise makers.

Moderator: The Captain

Stu

Re: FUZZ - documentary about stompboxes (with capt Maine)

Post by Stu »

LOL at Dave having subtitles! :ohno:
emeka

Re: FUZZ - documentary about stompboxes (with capt Maine)

Post by emeka »

This vid actually made me investigate Dave's work more closely, as well as Cusack's tap tempo mod for my ooh wah. There were some other folks interviewed that I didn't know much about prior to seeing this dvd for sure. I think it's interesting to get a look at the personalities behind some of this stuff. I also have a whole new perspective on Mike Matthews- "she's the best dancer here at electro harmonix." Sure Mike. Now every time I step on my memory man I have to think about it being assembled by some woman from Central America, and who knows what kind of dancing she had to do to get that gig. Shady!

One thing that bugs me a bit is that the demos of the pedals are not very loud- I always find it distracting to hear the acoustic sound of the strings being played along with the low-volume amplified signal. :choke: Whenever I'm teaching lessons I make a point of cranking the amp loud enough so that myself and the student can hear the whole sound coming out of the amp and nothing but. Otherwise you're hearing some sort of blend which can be a bit misleading sonically, especially for folk new to the sound they're hearing.
facebook.com/neptunemassivemusic

facebook.com/paermusic