1966 ( psycho lime )

The Italian two-transistor king of the bee's.

Moderator: The Captain

norhyme

Re: 1966 ( psycho lime )

Post by norhyme »

ozaekhir wrote:I got my 66 Lime yesterday. Amazing fuzz box... :freakout:
I was pretty surprised by the lack of low end in the 66 mod. Did the Vox fuzz was as thin sounding as that ?
Vox tone benders tend to have a skinny butt :tu:
“Interviewer: 'So Frank, you have long hair. Does that make you a woman?' Frank Zappa: 'You have a wooden leg. Does that make you a table?” ― Frank Zappa
anemochore
Location: Outside of Suquamish at the bottem end of Hawkeye's trail next door to Nooshkum

Post by anemochore »

norhyme wrote:
ozaekhir wrote:I got my 66 Lime yesterday. Amazing fuzz box... :freakout:
I was pretty surprised by the lack of low end in the 66 mod. Did the Vox fuzz was as thin sounding as that ?
Vox tone benders tend to have a skinny butt :tu:
from the Captain
"The tone produced by this circuit can be a little shocking at first if you are expecting a deep brick wall type of fuzz tone. The treble content could be considered quite high for a fuzz pedal of this type but it does make for a very unique sounding effect and an excellent pedal to be used with dark sounding British valve amplifiers. This also is an excellent device to use when you require a fuzz box that has greater articulation, clearer dynamics and tighter string definition than say a standard Fuzz Face type circuit."
Don't make me assume my ultimate form
ozaekhir

Post by ozaekhir »

I prefer rounder butts... :hihi:
Thanks for your inputs guys !
So I might use the 66 mod for some Stooges riffs which are more edgy than bassy... :hmm: