1966 germie and 1966 silicon comparison clips

The Italian two-transistor king of the bee's.

Moderator: The Captain

gururyan

1966 germie and 1966 silicon comparison clips

Post by gururyan »

Have I been in a hole or have we yet to hear any clips of the new silicon 66'ers? Does anybody have one en route that also happens to have a germie? I'm aching to hear the silicon, particularly A/B'd with a germ.
Ryan

They talk of my drinking but never my thirst.
Blobcaster

Re: 1966 germie and 1966 silicon comparison clips

Post by Blobcaster »

i've a Germ & a Sili on the way,with the holidays in all i think il'l be waiting a few more days,UK to Cali.
sadly no way to record clips yet :bangs head: .
psycho*daisies

Post by psycho*daisies »

it's gonna be a black Christmas!

keep us posted when it arrives.
If you struggle baby,
It only tightens up...
mrpicard

Post by mrpicard »

Disappointingly I was away when these little gems were released into the wild. I did look but the wireless network I created on the farm to connect my iPhone to the Internet was not all that good for winning 4 second auctions... However, it was cool to sit on a hill in the middle of the night watching a tiny screen in the dark...and crying...as missed out...
kb892

Post by kb892 »

I'm strangely obsessed with this silicon beast myself... maybe it's just a "wanting what I can't have" kinda thing but I'm really interested in hearing a comparison of the two versions. I may have to toss some old custom shop pieces up as trade bait if they sound as good as I suspect so I'm secretly hoping they don't really do it for me! I'm fucking mentally ill today :(
JP30

Post by JP30 »

I am hoping that the captain will do more of these Silly66 and Monkeys66 in the future.
I am guessing that sillicon 66 would sound like mellow meathead.

there are people here who manage to get one, so I am wating on some reviews...
mrpicard

Post by mrpicard »

The world of the germanium is ending so it will be nice to have more high-quality silicon-based tone benders floating around. Time for a silicon MKII line and a decent MKIII I would think.
JP30

Post by JP30 »

mrpicard wrote:The world of the germanium is ending
? do you mean we are not going to have 1966 or MK2 with Ge tranny no more? :errr:
I am seriously wating to get my hands on that Monkey's1966. I want one bad.
mrpicard

Post by mrpicard »

JP30 wrote:? do you mean we are not going to have 1966 or MK2 with Ge tranny no more?
I am sure that The Captain has a few germanium transistors for future fun (he is a man of many resources). However, good quality germanium transistors are getting harder and harder to find (the new ones are rubbish). Based on this logically one has to say that the future of germanium pedals has to be limited. Also, The Captain has been making MKII pedals almost 3 times as long as the original Sola Sound ones so surely it is time for something new (the original MKII only sold for 2 years). The silicon 66/MKIIs sound like something interesting to me and something that should be explored further. It would also be fun to hear what some of the other MK pedals sound like rather than being stuck at MKII all the time...
JP30

Post by JP30 »

mrpicard wrote:
JP30 wrote:? do you mean we are not going to have 1966 or MK2 with Ge tranny no more?
I am sure that The Captain has a few germanium transistors for future fun (he is a man of many resources). However, good quality germanium transistors are getting harder and harder to find (the new ones are rubbish). Based on this logically one has to say that the future of germanium pedals has to be limited. Also, The Captain has been making MKII pedals almost 3 times as long as the original Sola Sound ones so surely it is time for something new (the original MKII only sold for 2 years). The silicon 66/MKIIs sound like something interesting to me and something that should be explored further. It would also be fun to hear what some of the other MK pedals sound like rather than being stuck at MKII all the time...
I hope there are enough for a few more run of regular MK2 and 1966.
I want to get at least one more of each as spear.

BUT I think Silicon 66 and the Silicon mk2 or 3 are the way to go in the future. It would BEE soo cool to find Silly 66 and Silly mk2 on the production line someday !!

can you imagine what Silicon SUPER BEE would sound like !!! :drool: