Fuzzy Overdriver

Hybrid fuzz tones to achieve sonic enlightenment.

Moderator: The Captain

I am Incinerator

Fuzzy Overdriver

Post by I am Incinerator »

I was playing around with my Drag'n'Fly the other day, and given it's Fuzz Face linieage, I thought I would see if it could be an awesome Fuzzy Overdrive, and sho 'nuff it wears that shoe with greatness for my tastes in OD. Kind of loose with some whiskers on the notes and still let stuff chime and clang around. I was playing through a Fender Mini Tone-Master amp while I wait for my cab for my Bassman head, but it was sounding pretty good through that. What is even better, just roll the guitar volume back up and I will have FUZZ pure and simple. D'n'F wears a few hats on my pedal board. I think I could get the job done with a Rooster, Bee, and the D'n'F holding down the dirt section easy.

Who else uses the D'n'F in a fuzzy overdrive manner.
pothole

Post by pothole »

I totally rode the guitar volume knob when I had a 'Fly on the board...that's a totally versatile pedal that I would like to have back actually.
Zacharia Matilda

Re: Fuzzy Overdriver

Post by Zacharia Matilda »

I agree...it's amazing how that pedal can go from "whiskers" to full on hair. Very subtle.

I also agree with your statement regarding the holy trinity (Bee, Rooster, and 'Fly). Those are the 3 DAMs I have, and I find that they cover my dirt needs very well.

Does that stop me from lusting after a 1966 or a Grease Box?? uhhhhh...... no.

:drool:
"What we need is a love bomb. A 100% gold plated, purified love bomb."
Fuzzz

Re: Fuzzy Overdriver

Post by Fuzzz »

Yep, I recently discovered this too about the Drag N Fly - It really is a very versatile little pedal!

I love the fuzz on its own (all controls maxed is just awesome! ) :headbanger: But I also like using it into a dirty amp with the D&F Volume up full and the Attack at 9 o'clock and use the filter to boost treble/bass as I need it..
Logic should not interfere with determination
Jim Goad

Post by Jim Goad »

It certainly has an amazing Overdrive style on softer settings or cranked but with the guitar volume backed off. It's great for riff writing cos there are so many tones available with the twist of a knob.
It's like an orange on a toothpick