Does the year matter?

Hybrid fuzz tones to achieve sonic enlightenment.

Moderator: The Captain

bluemoon

Does the year matter?

Post by bluemoon »

I have a few options on Drag N flys. One is a 2007 gray version, a 2009 Granny Smith version and a 2010 British Racing Green version.

Does the year matter? Are some years better than others (transistors that were used, etc.)?

All three are in great condition with boxes. I am not sure how to decide.
redeyeflight

Re: Does the year matter?

Post by redeyeflight »

I definitely found theres some variance in the drag n flys over the years but youd need the definitive opinion from the captain for a rundown on exactly what the differences are. Ive found some lean more towards the vox tonebender sound and some are more fuzz face-y.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Lee

Post by Lee »

I truly love my "Firemist Fly" I do believe there is a Metal Can OC140 in mine I can get Voxy type tones or I can get certain Fuzz Face tones. One thing that I love about D*A*M pedals is there is always a wide variety of tones to be had with small increments done on the pedals , your Amp and even rolling back the Guitars Volume / Tone knobs. I'm shocked every time I plug into one. I don't know how the Captain does it but he does it very well.

I do think there is a rawness to early Fly's and they tend to sound more so on the Vox side. They have a bite to them.
stella_blues

Post by stella_blues »

Maybe this will help

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=12659