Drag’n Fly DF05 vs. Dragonfly DF06

Hybrid fuzz tones to achieve sonic enlightenment.

Moderator: The Captain

Jon

Drag’n Fly DF05 vs. Dragonfly DF06

Post by Jon »

What are the differences? How does the tone control on the DF06 differ from the filter control on the DF05 if at all?

I just upgraded my DF05 to a DF06 and am curious what to expect.
stella_blues

Re: Drag’n Fly DF05 vs. Dragonfly DF06

Post by stella_blues »

Not sure exactly how the DF-05 sounds , my fly is a very early one and probably different but when I ordered the DF-06 from the Captain he mentioned this as we spoke....

“BTW - You do know the DF-06 is a little different that the DF-05, circuit wise that is. It's less of the overdriven quality and bit more old school primitive snarl.“

Hope that helps and I think the 06 is a very underrated Dam build, sounds ace, really bassy with tone up full and brightens up a lot as you turn it down but always with a bite to it.
Jon

Re: Drag’n Fly DF05 vs. Dragonfly DF06

Post by Jon »

stella_blues wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:03 pm Not sure exactly how the DF-05 sounds , my fly is a very early one and probably different but when I ordered the DF-06 from the Captain he mentioned this as we spoke....

“BTW - You do know the DF-06 is a little different that the DF-05, circuit wise that is. It's less of the overdriven quality and bit more old school primitive snarl.“

Hope that helps and I think the 06 is a very underrated Dam build, sounds ace, really bassy with tone up full and brightens up a lot as you turn it down but always with a bite to it.
Thanks for the info straight from the Captain’s mouth!