Can I daisy chain my Meathead?

For the explorer in the realms of distortion generation.

Moderator: The Captain

stratguy23

Can I daisy chain my Meathead?

Post by stratguy23 »

I know fuzzes should be run with batteries, but I like to run my Meathead later in my chain, and it is just a pain always having to unplug it, so I am running it off of power :banger: but can I daisy chain it without blowing up other pedals? It was made in 2006, I can post gut shots if needed. Thanks.
Creepyfingers

Re: Can I daisy chain my Meathead?

Post by Creepyfingers »

As long as all the effects involved have a the same ground reference they can share a power supply (daisy chain). The Meathead is negative ground. Just be sure all the other pedals involved are too. Most pedals are but to prevent damage from reverse voltage you have to confirm it. Generally most germanium effects are the ones to watch out for.
stratguy23

Re: Can I daisy chain my Meathead?

Post by stratguy23 »

Creepyfingers wrote:As long as all the effects involved have a the same ground reference they can share a power supply (daisy chain). The Meathead is negative ground. Just be sure all the other pedals involved are too. Most pedals are but to prevent damage from reverse voltage you have to confirm it. Generally most germanium effects are the ones to watch out for.
Ok cool thanks, I was planning to daisy chain it with my tuner and several ODs that I am sure are negative ground.