The bring back the Germanium Meathead thread!

For the explorer in the realms of distortion generation.

Moderator: The Captain

daCod

Post by daCod »

anybody have pictures of the once-upon-a-time-ago forever unobtanium germanium meatheads of yesteryear???
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
modeerf

Post by modeerf »

I think the Slomatics use one, I may be wrong. Can't remember clearly if it was them or not. If so it seems there would be no issue with lower gain at all.
Do Drugs, Worship Satan.
Fuzzz

Re: The bring back the Germanium Meathead thread!

Post by Fuzzz »

Yeah, I could only find this thread that has slomatic's Ge Meat and later in the thread a Ge Meat Dlx.. Doesn't seem to be much else though.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6806

Would love to hear one! :marx:
Logic should not interfere with determination
mjkk

Post by mjkk »

you guys are too much :) I'm all for a revamping of the line. The captain newest designs i.e. the Grease Box, TB-00, the FZ series he has been working on are some of the best pedals I have ever heard period. Time to fly above and beyond, not that I wouldn't want a GE meathead though :)
"Yes I remember a brave guy named Roger dancing around musicians and cleaning their shoes. Occasionally we gave him our broken pedals for repair to get peace for some hours."
FuzzPauper

Post by FuzzPauper »

If you're not movin' forward, you're movin' backwards.

~PotF
The juice is worth the squeeze.

http://www.sydsguitars.com
agoldoor

Post by agoldoor »

Zacharia Matilda wrote:Does the Captain make any other silicon fuzzes? I kinda thought that was one of the reasons these pedals were/are so brutal. :zombiehuh:
Yeah, this. I'd say what you guys are really getting at is basically a Super Bee. A blow-the-doors-off germanium two transistor fuzz with big ol' swingin' balls... the Sola MK1.5 or Super Bee fit the bill in my book.
Fuzzz

Post by Fuzzz »

Nah, the Cap' will do what the Cap' decides, we know that - just having a little fun here! :oldgrin:

whatever lies ahead for D*A*M it is sure as hell likely to be awesome! :headbanger:
Logic should not interfere with determination
slomatic

Post by slomatic »

I still have my old Ge single knobber. It was a custom, and as far as I know the only Ge one-knob MH, but I could be wrong. It's fantastic, unlike any other MH I own, and that's quite a few! As for gain, there's slightly less than say a M25, but more than enough to do the job. I'd certainly like to see a run of Ge's, but as someone already said the SuperBee does the heavy dark Ge fuzztone so well I can't imagine Dave is interested in re-issues of old shit!
Volume over talent
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

I would love a Ge. Meat. I have some photos of an older model metal can OC81D equipped Meathead Deluxe that I drool over every now and again. I'll post them later.

I have three of four meatheads, it is a seriously genius pedal design. I managed to score the only (that I know about) Ge. Savage Henry and I will get to that in a couple months.
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
jerms

Post by jerms »

germanium savage henry you say?!?!?!?!?!? :skellrock: guts please!! :teeth2: :teeth2: