Germanium Meat

For the explorer in the realms of distortion generation.

Moderator: The Captain

DexSmart

Re: Germanium Meat

Post by DexSmart »

I read that the germanium its very good. i think i will go in short time with one of this.
imguitardan

Post by imguitardan »

Arrakis wrote:
jetofuj wrote:Germanium Meathead must be a monster :errr:
Agreed.. a Germanium DLX.. now that would be awesome, theres afew of them knocking around too i believe :drool2:
WANT!
New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. The more truth we have to work with, the richer we become.

Kurt Vonnegut, Breakfast of Champions
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

Note to the captain: please bring back the psychedelic paint job on the meathead!!! :drool2: :ztongue:
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
j.miller

Post by j.miller »

seriously, the art on that old meathead is awesome.
jetofuj

Post by jetofuj »

I'd love germanium one :crackjam:
d4niel

Post by d4niel »

Arrakis wrote:
jetofuj wrote:Germanium Meathead must be a monster :errr:
Agreed.. a Germanium DLX.. now that would be awesome, theres afew of them knocking around too i believe :drool2:
Yeah, big case, triangle knobs and dove grey!!! :headpop: :badlove: :ztongue: :drool2:

That beauty was 1 of 1 :bangs head:. Fighter pilot, you still own this one?
Were there ever any more Ge-DLX? Surely the amount of regular Ge-Meats are less than 10 in total?
mjkk

Post by mjkk »

DAMN MAN, what I wouldn't do..
"Yes I remember a brave guy named Roger dancing around musicians and cleaning their shoes. Occasionally we gave him our broken pedals for repair to get peace for some hours."
DavidH

Re:

Post by DavidH »

slomatic wrote:I would give you a gut shot, only one of the screws is fucked and I haven't been able to get inside for three years! Anyone know what to do, get in touch!!!
You just drill through the screw head with a pillar drill, remove the backplate and there should be enough of the screw protruding to get a pair of pliers round it to unscrew it. It's not a big deal. If you want to sell it i'll buy it. I like silicon meats an all, have owned three but would love a germanium meathead more i suspect, i ended up concluding that high gain silicon just isn't my bag.
jetofuj

Post by jetofuj »

Germanium Meathead would be an excellent addition to the family!
psycho*daisies

Post by psycho*daisies »

i just ran across Germanium bracelets at the Japanese dollar store. I was like...WTF? (even had "Ge" on the packaging).
So i looked it up and apparently it's some bullshit fake science thing for joint and muscle pain. (like magnet therapy)....
they also had Titanium necklaces.

So it led me to this:

"In mid-1885, at a mine near Freiberg, Saxony, a new mineral was found. It was named argyrodite, because of its high silver (metal) content. The chemist Clemens Winkler analyzed this new mineral, and he was then able to isolate a new element somewhat similar to antimony in 1886. Before Winkler published his results on the new element, he decided that he would name his element neptunium, since the recent discovery of planet Neptune in 1846 had been preceded by mathematical predictions of its existence. However, the name "neptunium" had already been given to another chemical element (though not the element that today bears the name neptunium, which was discovered in 1940), so instead, Winkler named the new element germanium (from the Latin word, Germania, for Germany) in honor of his homeland."

---------

just thought it would be funny if we were talking about Neptunium fueled fuzz pedals... :bong2:

----------

Wow, that old beat up Meathead looks amazing, Slomatic! A thing of beauty!
Reminds me of the photo of Mudhoney's battle scarred Superfuzz and Big Muff pedals.

Yes, love the old psychedelic Meathead paintwork. (i have #15, which is just plain African violet, Jerms has #15 (also!) which is African Violet psychedelic scheme). They look identical internally (both Si). Gutshots someday. Would love to see that psych paint scheme come back to D*A*M (as well as Ge loaded Meatheads).
If you struggle baby,
It only tightens up...