Impex MKII...

Tone-Bending electronic fuzz unit, harmonic generator with 20 second sustain.

Moderator: The Captain

Sauniere

Re: Impex MKII...

Post by Sauniere »

Sickle wrote:
Its even betterer.

:marx:
:hmm:
Philip

Post by Philip »

Sickle wrote:
Sauniere wrote::hmm:
Phillip's Sola box is a 1.5, mine is an MK II. Different circuits, but close buddies!
Dear Sickle, once again I will remind you mine is a MKII. :oldlol:
Philip

Post by Philip »

Sickle wrote::hmm: Where do I keep getting the 1.5 thing..?
Perhaps from Dave saying it was ''the most MK1.5 MKII he's ever made!'' ?

It's based on Graham's blanked out sol/vox MKII, but it's been voiced to suit my own particular needs which veer towards the lower gain end of the Tone Bender spectrum.

The circuit is a MKII circuit though, it just has a wide range on the attack knob. :tu:
Mr. Min T. Fresh

Post by Mr. Min T. Fresh »

Sickle wrote:Mine is not Impex, don't worry!

Its even betterer.

:marx:
Oh yeah :badlove:
I have a big dick and I challenge you to swallow it or fight me strait up.
Philip

Post by Philip »

I had a go at the It Might Get Loud page sound...

http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f395/ ... arison.flv

:squint:
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

Nice work, sir. :marx: The note decay and the fuzzy characteristics sound pretty damn close, ay. Its all too obvious now, Jimmy Page in fact used a D*A*M made MKII :hihi:
Blobcaster

Post by Blobcaster »

Page wishes he had a :eye: MKII ......
theemadcap1

Post by theemadcap1 »

Philip wrote:
Sickle wrote::hmm:
It's based on Graham's blanked out sol/vox MKII, but it's been voiced to suit my own particular needs which veer towards the lower gain end of the Tone Bender spectrum.

The circuit is a MKII circuit though, it just has a wide range on the attack knob. :tu:
Is it pretty much the exact same circuit/sound as my SupaFuzz too?? They are exactly the same (Graham's Vox MKII and my SF, right?) You are making me lust after mine!!! I found with the SF, it sounded best with the Volume all the way up, and the Filter/Attack backed off just a hair from maxed out...going to have fun 're-discovering' that pedal!!

Philip

Post by Philip »

The Captain wrote: Its all too obvious now, Jimmy Page in fact used a D*A*M made MKII :hihi:
:oldlol:
theemadcap1 wrote: Is it pretty much the exact same circuit/sound as my SupaFuzz too?? They are exactly the same (Graham's Vox MKII and my SF, right?) You are making me lust after mine!!! I found with the SF, it sounded best with the Volume all the way up, and the Filter/Attack backed off just a hair from maxed out...going to have fun 're-discovering' that pedal!!
I think it is, but I guess Dave would be the one to answer that.

The impex MKII has been tuned to suit my particular needs though, so there's probably some differences.

:tu:
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

Same transistors but tuned a little more precisely. I actually had three Impex loaded MKII variants to hand when building Philips, the early Vox MKII and two Impex Supa's. Fuzz overdose :thud:

The Impex transistors seem to give a very board sweep on the Attack so you can achieve a really clean tone (for a MKII) at zero but still a very fierce amount of balls at full Attack. I just took this to an extreme on Philips MKII so the pedal would get into low gain territory pretty easily and also have some very subtle gating in the higher gain settings.