MK II OC82D #248/2008

Tone-Bending electronic fuzz unit, harmonic generator with 20 second sustain.

Moderator: The Captain

smogfalls

Re: MK II OC82D #248/2008

Post by smogfalls »

wow, that is one sweet pedal. Would love to give that one a whirl! Nice photos again D, very vivid colours.
Xan :)
Guitar Lessons - Online via Skype or in Nottingham, England

http://alexfarran.webs.com

Shape Lieutenant - Progressive Rock/Metal/Jazz...

http://soundcloud.com/shape-lt/shape-lt ... -june-2011
Mr. Min T. Fresh

Post by Mr. Min T. Fresh »

All I can say is wow!!!!!

Those OC82D look fucking awesome in there!!!!
I have a big dick and I challenge you to swallow it or fight me strait up.
pigeontoe

Post by pigeontoe »

Here's mine #243. :crackjam:

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Sauniere

Post by Sauniere »

And NIIIICCCEEE! And they're British Racing Green. How cool is that!
mrpicard

Post by mrpicard »

Actually, you should try the OC82DM, which is in the same vein and just a bit more special...
mrpicard

Post by mrpicard »

Sickle wrote:I REALLY need to know what the full 'DM' designate stands for. Do you know, David?
Well, off-hand I know it was intended as an audio driver but in a slightly different stage to the standard "D". Unfortunately, I am not home so I can't do a quick check but I will look when I get back. In the meantime, this is what The Captain says:
Well the OC82DM behaves in a very similar manner to the legendary OC81D. The break up is fluid with good sustain and a well rounded almost soupy bass response. The clean up is good giving some nice overdriven type tones with the guitar volume backed off. On a whole the OC82DM also has higher gain at full Attack.
I do remember Dave saying once that it was his favorite.
mrpicard

Post by mrpicard »

OK, I think I have my brain engaged now. A "D" on the end means "Driver" as in the audio driver stage. A "M" on the end means "Miniature" version. So, with the OC81 range in addition to the OC81 you can actually get an OC81D, an OC81M or an OC81DM version. So, OC81DM means the miniature, driver version of the OC81. And there you go :-)
jimi_dylan

Post by jimi_dylan »

I thought the "DM" was a cryptic prophecy for "David Main."
mrpicard

Post by mrpicard »

Sickle wrote:Miniature?!
Yup, damn weird isn't it, but true. Actually, the "miniature" bit refers to how they have the leads, they kind of squeezed them up so that the "M" transistor can fit in a tighter space. On a "M" transistor the leads are in a triangular configuration with the collector next to the black line. The base is the middle lead and the emitter being the remaining lead. On a standard transistor, such as the OC81, the three leads are in line with the collector next to the red dot, base in the middle and the emitter being furthest away from the red dot. And there you go :oldgrin:

Sickle wrote:Oh, and while were talking OC82D's, here's a happy score I just landed. Gain matched by Mullard still in the factory sealed bag:
Mmmm, would love to have a store of these things just for fun...no idea how people get them...
mrpicard

Post by mrpicard »

Sickle wrote:Excellent info, thanks very much, you solved a part of a vexing puzzle for me!
Always willing to be of service :oldgrin: