MKII OC81D Pics

Tone-Bending electronic fuzz unit, harmonic generator with 20 second sustain.

Moderator: The Captain

cubba

Re: MKII OC81D Pics

Post by cubba »

Congrats! :hyper:
I agree with what you said regd. the Mullard 75/81 comparison.
Neither is necc. 'better' but there are subtle differences.
What gets me is all the tweaking,
just crank that bitch and be done with it! -- duende
mhat

Post by mhat »

mhat wrote:
Philip wrote:
the_original_mr_nice wrote: That may be the one I bought from you but I don't often take off the backplate so I'll have to check next time I can find the screwdriver !
Could be, I've had 2 OC81 MKII's, I remember one had white knobs.
That one's here. The number 66 rings a bell. I'll have a look tomorrow. It's a bloody splendid stomp BTW.

Cheers,
Mike
It's occurred to me that the 'white knobber' that I'm thinking about is my 1965. I have photos of the MKII including the inscription but I can't find the damned things. This would be easy to check if my wife wasn't fast asleep right next to the cupboard I need to be into to find out. Stay tuned and I'll sort it out. My excuse is that it's 4am and I've been working since 7am yesterday. Only coffee and a steady diet of Motown is keeping me going here.

mumble mumble mumble,

Mike
Graham

Post by Graham »

mhat wrote:
mhat wrote:
Philip wrote:
the_original_mr_nice wrote: That may be the one I bought from you but I don't often take off the backplate so I'll have to check next time I can find the screwdriver !
That one's here. The number 66 rings a bell. I'll have a look tomorrow. It's a bloody splendid stomp BTW.

Cheers,
Mike
It's occurred to me that the 'white knobber' that I'm thinking about is my 1965. I have photos of the MKII including the inscription but I can't find the damned things. This would be easy to check if my wife wasn't fast asleep right next to the cupboard I need to be into to find out. Stay tuned and I'll sort it out. My excuse is that it's 4am and I've been working since 7am yesterday. Only coffee and a steady diet of Motown is keeping me going here.

mumble mumble mumble,

Mike
Ah the night's but young to old school rockers like us - did eight nights once aparrently not to br recommended - I dont recall cos I got freaked out midway and didnt really enjoy the second half- bunch of us for a dare bet eachother we couldnt handle a ggig a night for a week "non-stop" if you get my drift! No wonder so many people dont remember the sixties and seventies - sleep deprivation - or was it those little yellow helpers?
mhat

Post by mhat »

Graham wrote:
mhat wrote:
mhat wrote:
Philip wrote:

Cheers,
Mike

mumble mumble mumble,

Mike
Ah the night's but young to old school rockers like us - did eight nights once aparrently not to br recommended - I dont recall cos I got freaked out midway and didnt really enjoy the second half- bunch of us for a dare bet eachother we couldnt handle a ggig a night for a week "non-stop" if you get my drift! No wonder so many people dont remember the sixties and seventies - sleep deprivation - or was it those little yellow helpers?
It's a very good point. I used to handle nights better than this too (though I've never tried 8 on the trot :oldgrin: ). I'm upgrading a multinational's accounting system so you tend to notice when your concentration and precision are slipping a bit.

By the way - yes, still here. :co:

Mike
starlingbrothers

Post by starlingbrothers »

Graham wrote:Ah the night's but young to old school rockers like us - did eight nights once aparrently not to br recommended - I dont recall cos I got freaked out midway and didnt really enjoy the second half- bunch of us for a dare bet eachother we couldnt handle a ggig a night for a week "non-stop" if you get my drift! No wonder so many people dont remember the sixties and seventies - sleep deprivation - or was it those little yellow helpers?[/color]
How did we do all that stuff and survive ? Back then 30 seemed ancient and we felt indestructible - couldn't work out how the odd late night threw the straights who had normal jobs :doh:
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

RE the numbering, didn't Dave start and restart numbering sequences with each change at one point? I seem to remember him doing something along these lines.
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
Philip

Post by Philip »

With regards to the 2 MKII's with No.66 made within a short time of one another in late 2005, Dave simply made a boo boo. :tu:
Mr. Min T. Fresh

Post by Mr. Min T. Fresh »

So there are 2 number 66 MKIIs out there?
I have a big dick and I challenge you to swallow it or fight me strait up.
zerorez

Post by zerorez »

The pedal now resides in the Windy City of Chi Town Mang! with the honorable Mr Gino! :cheers:
Philip

Post by Philip »

Mr. Min T. Fresh wrote:So there are 2 number 66 MKIIs out there?
:hihi: