Ram Head

The classic American huge hair based sustaining device.

Moderator: The Captain

markom89

Re: Ram Head

Post by markom89 »

I've had my "oldschool" Ram Head for a while now and am loving it!
It's very different from any other BM 'style' pedal I've played, but I guess that's 'cause this is an exact replica vs. a BM w/ the builders twist on it. Very old school sounding... best way I can describe it.
This one's gonna' be staying for a while!
ufoclub

Post by ufoclub »

:shocked2:
stratman wrote:Iv'e been trying to buy a Rams Head for a couple of years without any luck.I was on the wait list at vintage guitars only to be told earlier in the year that Dave was no longer selling through dealers.So I found the website entered the forum and saw Dave was compiling waiting lists.I thought it would only be a matter of time before a list would be opened for the Rams Head. I was horrified to see that its now been discontinuedr
the some story to me .. I get 'only' a meathead from vintageguitars..and a long wait for the nevercoming ramhead

I console myself with a BM3 with 3003 board inside (is the BM2 board) you can find one of this on ebay, I show pics of the inside

ImageImage

ImageImage

skybone

Post by skybone »

I believe it was because The Captain thought that there were too many other Big Muff clones on the market to justify another... even though that other is possibly the best Big Muff clone out there... IMHO o'course... ;)
MaryKelly

Post by MaryKelly »

skybone wrote:I believe it was because The Captain thought that there were too many other Big Muff clones on the market to justify another... even though that other is possibly the best Big Muff clone out there... IMHO o'course... ;)
Skreddy was making some really awesome ones but he doesn't have a standard muff model out right now unfortunately.
MaryKelly

Post by MaryKelly »

Sickle wrote:I should point out that a certain someone donated an excellent Sovtek Green Army to a certain Captain earlier this year for R & D purposes..

:whistle:
Great big ceramic discs, carbon films, and 5088s ahoy.
aaland_brian

Post by aaland_brian »

I'd love a green muff that didn't take up too much space and didn't have that shitty stompswitch and jacks. I know dave made one before but a custom run could be cool. I'd still rather have a shatterbox clone though :drool2:
I cannot conceive of a God who rewards and punishes his [sic] creatures, or has a will of the type of which we are conscious ourselves. Albert Einstein
muffin man

Post by muffin man »

I have a black later version ram head that i might trade at some point.
I,m still looking for a 66 and rooster.