Red Rooster Power Supply?

Tonal shaping & volume boosting delivered with germanium love.

Moderator: The Captain

hyeronimusss

Post by hyeronimusss »

Use positive ground powering system, not the usual negative grounding. Some say it sounds better with batteries, and they last quite long on this one...
stratguy23

Post by stratguy23 »

Cool thanks, I will compare it using power vs. battery
stratguy23

Post by stratguy23 »

Update: I used a reverse polarity cable and it didn't work, the pedal did not power up. I just put a battery back in it, and it powers up fine. The transistor is an AC128. Should I try to run it off regular power without the reverse polarity cable?
The Captain

Re: Red Rooster Power Supply?

Post by The Captain »

Do you guys actually read that bit of paper that comes with the pedal? :badteeth:
The unit comes fitted with a heavy-duty 9-volt battery which is activated via the insertion of a plug into the “IN” socket. Always unplug your cable when not in use to lengthen the battery life. This unit can also be powered by a well regulated 9 volt power supply with a Negative centre and Positive barrel.

The RR-09 operates on a POSITIVE GROUND powering system so therefore requires its own power source or an individually isolated multi-way power source.
A 2008 Rooster will be negative ground so will run of a daisy chain so does not require an isolated supply.

If a Rooster is eating battery juice and you ain't unplugging the cable you are burning a hole in your pocket. Unplug it and save some bread! :tu:

All D*A*M Stompboxes use the same wiring on the DC socket regardless of grounding polarity. Negative centre and Positive barrel.