Red Rooster - odd transistor?

Tonal shaping & volume boosting delivered with germanium love.

Moderator: The Captain

devnulljp

Post by devnulljp »

Rooster into AC30 is toanz heaven.
Dear Bongo, No.
Good deals with all these guys
stratguy23

Post by stratguy23 »

I don't think you want that Red Rooster anymore and want to sell it to me ;) welcome to the D*A*M club!
Paisley

Re:

Post by Paisley »

stratguy23 wrote:I don't think you want that Red Rooster anymore and want to sell it to me ;) welcome to the D*A*M club!

Haha; Sorry mate, this one's a keeper!! :dance: I've used it for about 6 gigs now, & it's pretty much cemented a permanent position on the pedalboard. I use a fair number of different OD/Dist pedals for different flavours & gain structures, & it works a treat with every single one of them! I've defaulted to using the Barber Tone Press Compressor for the occasional clean/subtle boost, & using the RR for everything else. Also, one of the gigs I did was a Surf Instrumental spot, where I just used the RR into an old Fender Valve Reverb Unit, & straight into the AC30. Man, that was Heaven on the Eardrums!!

Thanks for the welcome too; glad to be a part of this place. On the list for a Super Bee, so really looking forward to that one popping up.

Cheers. :cheers:
hyeronimusss

Post by hyeronimusss »

If I don't go wrong there is still a nice blue Super Bee at Downstroke Music...
stratguy23

Re: Re:

Post by stratguy23 »

Paisley wrote:
stratguy23 wrote:I don't think you want that Red Rooster anymore and want to sell it to me ;) welcome to the D*A*M club!

Haha; Sorry mate, this one's a keeper!! :dance: I've used it for about 6 gigs now, & it's pretty much cemented a permanent position on the pedalboard. I use a fair number of different OD/Dist pedals for different flavours & gain structures, & it works a treat with every single one of them! I've defaulted to using the Barber Tone Press Compressor for the occasional clean/subtle boost, & using the RR for everything else. Also, one of the gigs I did was a Surf Instrumental spot, where I just used the RR into an old Fender Valve Reverb Unit, & straight into the AC30. Man, that was Heaven on the Eardrums!!

Thanks for the welcome too; glad to be a part of this place. On the list for a Super Bee, so really looking forward to that one popping up.

Cheers. :cheers:
Haha, I figured you wouldn't wanna get rid of it lol but always worth a try! I have a newer RR-09 Rooster with an AC128 that sounds huge! I want to get an older Rooster though (I want one for each board I have). I also have a Meathead and Drag'n'Fly from '06 and a Sola/D*A*M MKII. Once you get bitten by the D*A*M bug, you're screwed!