Rooster to push a fuzz or distortion using clean amp

Tonal shaping & volume boosting delivered with germanium love.

Moderator: The Captain

ians371

Post by ians371 »

Got this reply from Suhr:
Hi Ian,

In order to use line level effects with your amp you will need to do one of two things.

1. Use our ISO Line Out Box with an external power amp & speakers or to feed another amp's effects loop return

-or-

2. Have an effects loop installed in your amp.

Unless you do one of these you will always be dealing with your delays and reverbs being overdriven by your amp's front end.

Best regards,

TRAVIS TINGLEY
SALES | CUSTOMER SERVICE

SUHR GUITARS & AMPS
JS TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
601-A/B Crane St.
Lake Elsinore, CA 92530 USA

951.471.2334 - SHOP
951.471.2557 - FAX

www.SUHRGUITARS.com
duende

Re:

Post by duende »

ians371 wrote:That's how I am going to proceed,just like Gilmour.Using a clean amp setting and pedals.This way by delay , reverb and mod will be in front of the amp.If he can do it so can I.
Thanks for all the input guys,much appreciated.
Good man. Dumber is better. Keep it simple.
tekbow

Post by tekbow »

If would er.. maybe retract the "if he can do it" comment mebbe.. It is The Gilmour We're talking about.. :whistle:
when you have a war, you want some people to be left alive at the end really.. otherwise it looks like you lost

Good deals:
Abanoise
Otis
ians371

Post by ians371 »

Gilmour is Gilmour obviously he has a heap of resources at his disposal.In no way would I compare myself to David as an artist or his technicians capability.
I am a huge Pink Floyd fan and especially of David Gilmour.
I have simply resigned myself to the fact that unless I purchase a second amp there is no way I can run separate wet/dry signals.
Given this I am resigned to using what I have "in front of my amp" to get the best wet/dry results possible.
From my reading of Dave's set up he uses Hiwatt amps set loud and clean http://www.gilmourish.com/?page_id=70.
I have a DVD on which he states this fact.
Setting my amp clean and loud would be the only similarity I would make i this case.
Best I can do without buying another amp.
tekbow

Post by tekbow »

i was just teasing you man ;)

Gilmourish is a good site, it's where i first learned of D*A*M
when you have a war, you want some people to be left alive at the end really.. otherwise it looks like you lost

Good deals:
Abanoise
Otis
ians371

Post by ians371 »

Yup I know it's all good.....
the treble boost kid

Re:

Post by the treble boost kid »

ians371 wrote:Gilmour is Gilmour obviously he has a heap of resources at his disposal.In no way would I compare myself to David as an artist or his technicians capability.
I am a huge Pink Floyd fan and especially of David Gilmour.
I have simply resigned myself to the fact that unless I purchase a second amp there is no way I can run separate wet/dry signals.
Given this I am resigned to using what I have "in front of my amp" to get the best wet/dry results possible.
From my reading of Dave's set up he uses Hiwatt amps set loud and clean http://www.gilmourish.com/?page_id=70.
I have a DVD on which he states this fact.
Setting my amp clean and loud would be the only similarity I would make i this case.
Best I can do without buying another amp.
I'm looking at the last line.

am i wrong.........but it seems your missing the notion of using an effects loop, or that shur device.
Your mixing up what you are saying.........ya if you want a wet/dry rig....that's naturally gonna mean more than one output source.

you can use the suggestions mentioned to crank the amp or do whatever to the input to the amp, and let you modulation be in the loop.....without being part of that front end input signal.

this isn't a wet/dry rig solution, but a way to help with the problem you spoke of with having your delay hitting the amp with the dirt.

does this make sense.....correct me when i'm wrong. :crackjam:

Metroamp has a effectsloop kit, if you wanna do an installation.
Let's be fucking honest........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJF6kk7fjNk
T I E - F I G H T E R..........L E T S R O L L !!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFNs0RALUQw
ians371

Post by ians371 »

Thats my problem the VOX AC15HW1 doesn't have an effects loop.
I contacted Suhr re the device you gave info on and their response is posted above & below in this thread.
Got this reply from Suhr:
Hi Ian,
In order to use line level effects with your amp you will need to do one of two things.
1. Use our ISO Line Out Box with an external power amp & speakers or to feed another amp's effects loop return
-or-
2. Have an effects loop installed in your amp.
Unless you do one of these you will always be dealing with your delays and reverbs being overdriven by your amp's front end.
Best regards,
TRAVIS TINGLEY
SALES | CUSTOMER SERVICE
-------------------------------------------
It looks like the Metroamp kit would be my only option with a single amp to get a wet/dry signal working.
OR,Is the guy from Suhr wrong ???
Cheers
Ian
ians371

Post by ians371 »

I have found the metroamp site and asked about this kits suitability for a VOXAC15HW1.
If I get a positive reply this looks like a great way to go for $100.00 plus postage.
Thanks
tekbow

Re:

Post by tekbow »

devnulljp wrote:Another option is the Ho attenuator with a built-in FX loop. I haz one of those with the AC30. That way you don't need an extra power amp/speaker -- just put the delay in line after the power amp dirt and before the speakers.
Works great
Did you see this from Dev eariler in thread? Really seems just the ticket for what you're wanting to do, as long as there's a jack from the speaker to the amp and not just a hardwired cable

Good deals:
Abanoise
Otis