placement of Red Rooster in pedal chain...?

Tonal shaping & volume boosting delivered with germanium love.

Moderator: The Captain

molokaio

Re: placement of Red Rooster in pedal chain...?

Post by molokaio »

yep rooster before od's is great! i'd place it after fuzzes as well tho! :D
Rooster into a klon was heaven!
Live Slow... Die old...
CitizenAudio

Post by CitizenAudio »

I never understood the idea of fuzz with a treble booster. I like my fuzzes pure and rarely stack them with anything.
Richard Groff

Post by Richard Groff »

CitizenAudio wrote:I never understood the idea of fuzz with a treble booster. I like my fuzzes pure and rarely stack them with anything.
...but if you like 3 GE fuzzes then you ARE hearing a fuzz with a booster. I think of running say a 1966 (2 GE fuzz) followed by a RR (1 GE booster) as separating out the components of my Pro MKII (3 GE fuzz). I don't mean they "are" the same, but my understanding is that an MKII was based on a GE FF (2 GE's) + 1 GE booster. I believe Donovan clued me up on that unless I'm mistaken.
CitizenAudio

Post by CitizenAudio »

interesting idea! I guess I'll have to keep experimenting.
TMock

Post by TMock »

I run my Rooster pretty traditional, as well: immediately after fuzz and before OD, with absolutely nothing buffered in front of it. I like being able to smack my ODs with the Rooster (especially the KoTv4), but I've never liked boosting fuzzes. That's just me.
CitizenAudio

Post by CitizenAudio »

there ya go Travis! Way to get one again!
TMock

Post by TMock »

Thanks, man! I just couldn't wait anymore and was given a heads up on a great deal. As you can see from my post in one of the other Rooster threads here, I'm loving this one. It will be more than a worthy stand-in while I wait for my name to come up on the V&R list.

Which reminds me, I wanted to put out there that I love how supportive all you guys are. In the couple of weeks after I made it known that I was looking to get a Rooster again, I have received at least half a dozen emails and PMs from guys making offers on their own Roosters and making sure that I saw others' that were for sale here or on TGP.

I appreciate the community pursuit of tone. All aboard the D*A*M ship. :cheers:
CitizenAudio

Post by CitizenAudio »

that's what it is all about. And that is the coolest thing about this community. It has just recently shifted from straight up brick shitting unobtanium frenzy (not by design) to a more casual, "if you want it, you can get it" type of business and environment. Hell, if you want a Titan, or a Fly, or a meathead, they are plenty.

Congratz again and hope you get your Sparkle no-LED rooster soon!
thesjkexperience

Post by thesjkexperience »

TMock wrote:Thanks, man! I just couldn't wait anymore and was given a heads up on a great deal. As you can see from my post in one of the other Rooster threads here, I'm loving this one. It will be more than a worthy stand-in while I wait for my name to come up on the V&R list.

Which reminds me, I wanted to put out there that I love how supportive all you guys are. In the couple of weeks after I made it known that I was looking to get a Rooster again, I have received at least half a dozen emails and PMs from guys making offers on their own Roosters and making sure that I saw others' that were for sale here or on TGP.

I appreciate the community pursuit of tone. All aboard the D*A*M ship. :cheers:
Cool! So you picked that one up and like it?
Steal a little and they throw you in jail. Steal a lot and they make you a King. -- Bob Dylan

"ripped out of the sky reforming thought into creation electric motion begins" - Linzi
TMock

Post by TMock »

Cool! So you picked that one up and like it?
Yeah, man. Thanks for the heads up. It's really solid, and I was able to get it for a price that I should be able to cover without too much trouble when the new one comes in.