Sonic Titan sustain glitch?

Power amplifier distortion from mount Zion.

Moderator: The Captain

paine

Sonic Titan sustain glitch?

Post by paine »

Just picked up a Titan and it sounds great but after a second or two of sustaining it kinda shelve's down a notch and sometimes it glitches betwen shelved and not, it still sustains but it is less bright and looses a bit of volume. Is this normal? Maybe someone fucked with the internal bias pot? its subtle but Im just wondering if somthing is wrong.
The Captain

Re: Sonic Titan sustain glitch?

Post by The Captain »

Narp, that don't sound right, man. Try adjusting the trimmer. It has a definite sweet spot where the JFET gets clean 4.5 volts. Its pretty easy to do by ear. It should kinda pop into place. If it ain't settling in could be a fuckered JFET. How old is the pedal?
paine

Post by paine »

Its from 2006 #059 I messed with the trimmer a bit and it is still doing it, ill give it another try.
GuitarOtoko

Post by GuitarOtoko »

Ive had multiple titans and experienced something similar. I had number 54 which didnt have a problem but with the later darks they had a similar problem with the decay. After sustaining a while theyd be a short glitchy sound then itd cut the distortion and the sound would be clean and very quiet. Wasnt a trimmer problem for me after messing about and also one of the titans was brand new and definietely not adjusted.

Only way i found round it was using a power supply, seemed to just disappear completely when using external power!
paine

Post by paine »

Yeah, I messed with the trimmer and tried the power supply and its still doin it, other than that the pedal sounds great!
The Captain

Re: Sonic Titan sustain glitch?

Post by The Captain »

PM sent :party: