Sonic Titan Blues Mod

Power amplifier distortion from mount Zion.

Moderator: The Captain

john-pw

Sonic Titan Blues Mod

Post by john-pw »

I bought a Sonic Titan "BLUES MOD" few weeks ago but the love is still not come!

I use it with a Standard Tele and a 1987x reissue.
I don't know if my instruments can be the problem but the sound has too many high frequencies.

Do you have some advice for me?
daCod

Post by daCod »

my titan likes P90's and HB's WAAAAAY MORE BETTER than single coils.

and it's bright as fuck.

but i run both my DR103 and SUNN with the treble dialed back just a touch, and the 103 is just on the verge of breakup.

:tu:
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
daCod

Post by daCod »

yours like this one?

When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
tigerdriver

Re: Sonic Titan Blues Mod

Post by tigerdriver »

definitely touchier to dial in with single coils, you have to play with your tone knobs for a bit.
however when I put it up against a dark, I liked the blues more.
daCod

Post by daCod »

tigerdriver wrote:definitely touchier to dial in with single coils, you have to play with your tone knobs for a bit.
totally agree. knob tweaking on all three - guitar, pedal, amp :tu:

i have a "dark as night (?) " bubble gum pink titan that definitely gets thicker and MUCH heavier than my silver n blues.
dial back the gain and up the treble on pinky and i can get close, matching the two.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
jetofuj

Post by jetofuj »

john-pw

Post by john-pw »

Yess that is the same as mine!

I've tried to play it with my tone knob down but I like to use the same settings with all the pedals, changing the eq on them and not on amp an guitar!

Here in Italy the sell the 'blues mod' versions as limited edition with the price little higher.. Is it right in your opinion?

However I'm thinking about sell my and buy a normal st07.. What do you think!?
Markoni

Post by Markoni »

Hey Daniel!, I checked the Fly's tracking and noticed it was in Milan so I guess you have it tomorrow?

Anyway, the topic that Jetofuj linked is my Titan. Dave swapped the original 10k volume pot for a 100k pot that I think is the standard in the newest Titans.

It solved the issue I had with it being too bright and is now the perfect OD/distortion pedal for me. I use P90's and humbuckers.

Unfortunately, I don't know what pot would be in your Titan......
stella_blues

Post by stella_blues »

The Blues mod was not intended to be a limited edition pedal I don't think, Dark or Blues were the two Titan flavours to be offered. However the Captain only made one batch of around 10(?) Blues mod Titans before changing to the latest version which is supposed to be a mix of the two types.

So yes, it could be seen as a limited model, but I don't think you should pay more for it.
john-pw

Post by john-pw »

But on the box and on the rear if the pedal it's written 'blues mod'.. I don't think it's the same with the dark ones...