TITAN LUURRRVVE

Power amplifier distortion from mount Zion.

Moderator: The Captain

JP30

Re: TITAN LUURRRVVE

Post by JP30 »

devnulljp wrote:
slomatic wrote:Volume and dirt to the max. Really, do people actually use other settings? Oh yeah, and turn that tone right down! The titan is something of an amp punisher for sure. I've been trying it out with a fully driven Matamp and thats a righteous noise right there.
I'm finding a lot more sounds in there than balls-to-the-wall-tear-off-your-face-and-piss-down-your-stylomastoid-foramen.
It sure gets cheeky past about 12 o'clock though...and loud too. Don't think I'd ever run it past about 3 o'clock, but I can see where that kind of intensity would work for Slomatics (great before the finale when you crash the spaceship into the sun maybe :badteeth: ? That cranked into a cranked Matamp? You'd need to be in a well-built concrete bunker 37 miles away to avoid the concussion... :shocked2: ).
:cheers:

devnulljp wrote:Image

see guys.. these are the settings that I am at .. :oldgrin:
you can get very tastey Dirty sound out of Titan around that setting ... and it's safe. :badteeth:
duende

Post by duende »

JP30 wrote:
devnulljp wrote:
slomatic wrote:Volume and dirt to the max. Really, do people actually use other settings? Oh yeah, and turn that tone right down! The titan is something of an amp punisher for sure. I've been trying it out with a fully driven Matamp and thats a righteous noise right there.
I'm finding a lot more sounds in there than balls-to-the-wall-tear-off-your-face-and-piss-down-your-stylomastoid-foramen.
It sure gets cheeky past about 12 o'clock though...and loud too. Don't think I'd ever run it past about 3 o'clock, but I can see where that kind of intensity would work for Slomatics (great before the finale when you crash the spaceship into the sun maybe :badteeth: ? That cranked into a cranked Matamp? You'd need to be in a well-built concrete bunker 37 miles away to avoid the concussion... :shocked2: ).
:cheers:

devnulljp wrote:Image

see guys.. these are the settings that I am at .. :oldgrin:
you can get very tastey Dirty sound out of Titan around that setting ... and it's safe. :badteeth:

That's close to where I set mine too. Usually level is about 1 o'clock, gain is around 9 o'clock, and tone is about 2:30. I know that's high for most folks here, but I play through fenders which are brighter amps than most. Setting my tone this way retains my string definition.

Funny enough... there was a thread awhile back that asked what is your most used DAM. (not necessarily favorite) And the Titan surprised everyone by coming out on top.

For me, it just sounds truly believable with big boy amps. It has the output and dynamic responsiveness to truly hang with 'em. Been my mainstay OD for sometime now. I'll post a pick of mine soon for laughs... it is probably the most beaten DAM pedal I have ever seen. Not for a lack of loving.. just gets used alot.. that's all.
fuzzer

Post by fuzzer »

duende wrote:just gets used alot.. that's all.
That's where the merit is at, Isn't it?
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

The Titan is a great go-to pedal, well, that and my B&G Meat.
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
Jim Goad

Post by Jim Goad »

Found the old soundclip:

http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/15487- ... anTest.mp3

Titan settings are as I mentioned earlier, I crank the amp halfway through the clip to get full saturation.
It's like an orange on a toothpick
skybone

Post by skybone »

More Titan lurve, courtesy of imlikeajungle...

drunkenguitarist

Post by drunkenguitarist »

What a great pedal. It just begs you to play bluesy rock with it. :tu:

Philip

Post by Philip »

Ok why didn't one of you bastids force me to try out a titan!?

All this time I could have had superior cranked amp tone at any volume, but remained blissfully unaware of just how good this pedal sounds!

Got one on loan, excuse my language, but holy fucking shit!

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:
:love: :love: :love: :love:
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

Thought you was hip to that already, Welcome to the party! :party:
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
Philip

Post by Philip »

1bottlerocket wrote:Thought you was hip to that already, Welcome to the party! :party:
Never played one till today! :smashed:

:shocked: