Email Notifiations and New Posts

Help me womba!

Moderators: The Captain, devnulljp

devnulljp

Email Notifiations and New Posts

Post by devnulljp »

If you're still not getting email notifications, add forum@stompboxes.co.uk to your email contacts. It'll stop it getting marked as spam. Seems to work in Hotmail/Gmail/Yahoo

Also clicking on the big round icon to the left of the topic icon in the New posts results instead of the title will take you to the first unread post instead of just the first post.
FirstUnread.png
FirstUnread.png (36.57 KiB) Viewed 6559 times
Dear Bongo, No.
Good deals with all these guys
redeyeflight

Re: Email Notifiations and New Posts

Post by redeyeflight »

Not sure where to post this but Dev, maybe you can help? I seem to be getting notifications of new posts in the “i just boughted it” thread even though I’m not subscribed to it. I actually did subscribe to the thread and it started giving me email notifications so I then unsubscribed and the emails stopped but its still popping up in my notifications on the forum (the bell icon). Not sure it anyone else has had a similar problem but its been going on for a while now…
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
theemadcap1-2

Post by theemadcap1-2 »

My original account theemadcap1 seems to have been deactivated?? It says I have too many login attempts every time I try to log in. Also I got notification that from Apple that this password was part of a leak and I tried to change it and it says I have too many log in attempts...? Any way to get my original account restored??
devnulljp

Post by devnulljp »

theemadcap1-2 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:23 pm My original account theemadcap1 seems to have been deactivated?? It says I have too many login attempts every time I try to log in. Also I got notification that from Apple that this password was part of a leak and I tried to change it and it says I have too many log in attempts...? Any way to get my original account restored??
I'm going to change your password and do an account reactivation. You should get a notification in your email.
Dear Bongo, No.
theemadcap1-2

Post by theemadcap1-2 »

devnulljp wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:28 pm
theemadcap1-2 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:23 pm My original account theemadcap1 seems to have been deactivated?? It says I have too many login attempts every time I try to log in. Also I got notification that from Apple that this password was part of a leak and I tried to change it and it says I have too many log in attempts...? Any way to get my original account restored??
I'm going to change your password and do an account reactivation. You should get a notification in your email.
Ok. I got the link and tried to log in, same message- . Says my account is deactivated. I tried to reset my password and it never sent me a link...? :hmm:
theemadcap1-2

Post by theemadcap1-2 »

So, I got a "Reset my password" link, it was for this new account...
When I try to log in to my old account I get this message after trying just once...

-You exceeded the maximum allowed number of login attempts. In addition to your username and password you now also have to pass the CAPTCHA test.

When I try entering my old password and new one I thought I made I get...

-You have specified an incorrect password. Please check your password and try again. If you continue to have problems please contact the Board Administrator.
theemadcap1-2

Post by theemadcap1-2 »

Also just noticed when I requested to update my theemadap1 I got a notice for someone else... I think they may have an updated password...?

Hello Reerun

You are receiving this notification because you have requested to recover a
forgotten password for your account on "D*A*M Forum".

To reset your password, please click the link provided below:

https://stompboxes.co.uk/forum/app.php/ ... 3z8sfymulg

If you did not authorize the request you can ignore this email. Please
contact the board administrator if you keep receiving it.

--
Thanks, The Management
devnulljp

Post by devnulljp »

I just cleaned out your account, changed your password this end and made sure it's activated.
I'll email the new password -- use it to log in once and then change it and you should be good to go.
Dear Bongo, No.
devnulljp

Post by devnulljp »

Looks like there was a server side issue that was preventing emails coming from the server.
Looks like I fixed it, so you should be getting updates again.
Sorry about that
Dear Bongo, No.