Forum is a resource hog, but only on PC

Help me womba!

Moderators: The Captain, devnulljp

Laservampire

Forum is a resource hog, but only on PC

Post by Laservampire »

Am I the only one who gets a massive, massive slowdown when visiting the forum on PC or Laptop?

The mobile site works just fine on my phone, no issues at all, but as soon as I visit here on my laptop the internal fan just goes mad and CPU/memory usage is through the roof.
Ben
phidias

Re: Forum is a resource hog, but only on PC

Post by phidias »

Yep, and it gets worse if using Chrome.
I Love Rock'n'Roll - Compression Kills The Music - Never Put Off Until Tomorrow What You Can Buy Today!
daCod

Post by daCod »

110% worth it boys :tu:
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
devnulljp

Post by devnulljp »

Really? I'll look into it.
Dear Bongo, No.
Good deals with all these guys
Laservampire

Post by Laservampire »

devnulljp wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:20 pm Really? I'll look into it.
Cheers mate! Gets much worse if there's a page full of images or videos. I don't even venture into the youtube thread anymore!
Ben
superslidetail

Post by superslidetail »

It's been generally pretty slow for me last week on PC too.
Orange Haze...it ain't Purple no more...
devnulljp

Post by devnulljp »

Laservampire wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:02 am Am I the only one who gets a massive, massive slowdown when visiting the forum on PC or Laptop?

The mobile site works just fine on my phone, no issues at all, but as soon as I visit here on my laptop the internal fan just goes mad and CPU/memory usage is through the roof.
Can you try deleting all board cookies at your end and see if that helps any? Bottom right of the index page : index.php
Dear Bongo, No.
Good deals with all these guys
phidias

Post by phidias »

Guys, in my case the very slow performance I'm getting in my PC happens only with Chrome (images takes ages to load) and navigation in the forum is "stutering" (not smooth, in lack of a better word). With Firefox is smooth and fast as a shark. From phones and tablets (Android), even using Chrome, all things go as it should. Hope this helps isolating the problem.
I Love Rock'n'Roll - Compression Kills The Music - Never Put Off Until Tomorrow What You Can Buy Today!
phidias

Post by phidias »

devnulljp wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:32 am
Laservampire wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:02 am Am I the only one who gets a massive, massive slowdown when visiting the forum on PC or Laptop?

Can you try deleting all board cookies at your end and see if that helps any? Bottom right of the index page : index.php
Tried with no luck. :drool2:
Laservampire

Post by Laservampire »

phidias wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:07 am
devnulljp wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:32 am

Tried with no luck. :drool2:
Ditto.
Ben