Fuzzrong FR-70

Amazing professionals with its tonal performance.

Moderator: The Captain

daCod

Post by daCod »

versitile is hardly the word. these things own :crackjam:
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
mjkk

Re: Fuzzrong FR-70

Post by mjkk »

In general how are your noise levels with this pedal, I find when I have any other elctronics on in my house (mainly my tv in the other room) at the same time my fr-70 is engauged, the noise is extreme.. any one else??
"Yes I remember a brave guy named Roger dancing around musicians and cleaning their shoes. Occasionally we gave him our broken pedals for repair to get peace for some hours."
arem

Post by arem »

I haven't noticed that mine is any noisier than any other fuzz pedal I have, and I play a Telecaster in a practice space lit with fluorescent bulbs. No TV's in the space though...
Average fucks given per hour = 0
wild_time

Post by wild_time »

I don't own this pedal (hope someday soon I will) but I was blown away when I first heard it. A friend of mine has it and wow, it's just a wonderful fuzz, it's the 60's psychedelic sound in a box :) !
SSgt93

Post by SSgt93 »

I'm pretty tempted to pick one of these up myself.
SSgt93 on Twitter & Instagram.
-Steve
SSgt93

Post by SSgt93 »

How does this compare to the Meathead M-13 one knob? I wish I could find a video review of both.
-Steve
daCod

Post by daCod »

completely different animals. both fantastic in their own right.
not many if any similarities, other than they both kick serious ass and are f*cking LOUD!!!
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
SSgt93

Re:

Post by SSgt93 »

daCod wrote:completely different animals. both fantastic in their own right.
not many if any similarities, other than they both kick serious ass and are f*cking LOUD!!!
I'm a fan of fuzz as a whole but it may help if I tell you what I already have. I should have mentioned that. Sorry. I have a MJM London Fuzz w/bias, Analogman Peppermint Fuzz and Analogman Sunbender. I don't own a silicon anything yet so I suppose any of them may fit the bill. I'm attracted to both the FR-70 and Meathead M-13 single knob, and can get the Meathead single for $300 black and gold which is nice. Hmm. Decisions, decisions.
-Steve
arem

Post by arem »

IMO the Meathead is more saturated and juicier sounding, the FR-70 is more in your face and starkly rude. Both of them can bring the heavy without a doubt.
Average fucks given per hour = 0
SSgt93

Post by SSgt93 »

Also, are both models true bypass? Thanks you all for the help. Completely new to D*A*M and can see a lot of my money will be engulfed by this company. -Steve
-Steve