FUZZrong = Black Sabbath?!?!

Amazing professionals with its tonal performance.

Moderator: The Captain

slomatic

FUZZrong = Black Sabbath?!?!

Post by slomatic »

I just got my paws on a Fuzzrong, finally replacing the one I foolishly sold years back. This time it stays put!!

Anyhow, am I the only person who thinks the bassy side of the dial is pure vintage Sabbath?? It's one fat assed stoner rock fuzz of the highest order, and just makes me bust out 'Sweet Leaf' every time. I fucking love this box!

Even better, nudged into treble this thing IS the first Stooges album. So the Stooges and Sabbath in one fuckin box......hats off Captain!!!!!
Volume over talent
worldcatalyst

Re: FUZZrong = Black Sabbath?!?!

Post by worldcatalyst »

I got my Fuzzrong a few weeks ago from a fellow forum member. and it's been one of the more enigmatic fuzzes I own. Something about that zippery feel, the little bit of my clean signal just floating around in there, and that just perfect amount of octave up higher on the neck has made it that perfect lead pedal for me. Something I don't know if any other pedal can reproduce.

Though I can't tell if I hear Sabbath in it, but going to plug in my SG and try that once I get home later today. For me, this thing is straight up Doors, Black Keys, Buck Owens, Iron Butterfly, as well as all those nasty fuzz tones I hear listening to all my old garage bands.
slomatic

Post by slomatic »

That's interesting about hearing a smidgen of your clean tone, as I was sure I could hear that too. Iron Butterfly, nice call!!
Volume over talent
devnulljp

Post by devnulljp »

Yes, clean tone -- it's a Ge Fuzzrite. They all do that, not so much the Si or Sprague versions, but Ge definitely. And the new AC125 FR is so much ballsier than any other Fuzzrite I've played. Normally, it's more of a garagey / psych / stonery / biker movie kinda fuzz. This new one is ace -- although my purple sparkle is heading home to uncle Dave for a tune up.

Classic Fuzzritetracks

I'm pretty sure this is a Fuzzrite too:

This is for sure

And this
Last edited by devnulljp on Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dear Bongo, No.
Good deals with all these guys
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

fuzzrong is quite versatile...I cranked the shit out of my amp the other day and set it to the bassy side and was very very pleased although I have to admit I usually like that vintagey biker buzz sound...
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
DucRyder

Post by DucRyder »

Dev, are hose two with hendrix pics really Hendrix playing????
"...Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…" H.S.T.
psycho*daisies

Re: FUZZrong = Black Sabbath?!?!

Post by psycho*daisies »

Hornet's Nest!! hell yeah, and that was 1965, i think(!)... Curtis Knight & The Squires.

Jimi, a fuzz nut from the very beginning!
Here's another video of same recording, has photos from the period, Jimi with a c.62 Duo Sonic! (3/4 size)

i'll have to try out the Sabbath thing with it...
Last edited by psycho*daisies on Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you struggle baby,
It only tightens up...
edkoppel

Re:

Post by edkoppel »

devnulljp wrote:although my purple sparkle is heading home to uncle Dave for a tune up.
is that why i didn't like it!

what was up with it?
Oh, DB? That's just slang for Dandy Big muff collector.
-----------------------
Tone Machines, Vintage Effects Blog: www.tonemachinesblog.com

Instagram: https://instagram.com/ed_skymall
skybone

Post by skybone »

Teh FuzzRong loves teh Heavay.
slomatic

Post by slomatic »

Too right it does, just had it cranked through the stack and it really does handle the low end heaviness very well. I just can't describe this pedal at all, it's sharp yet smooth, gated yet with great sustain, high gain yet somewhat transparent. What I do know is that it sounds truly unique, and absolutely amazing!!
Volume over talent