Adventure Time, "James Baxter the Horse"

Post sounds and videos of bands you dig on, even your own.

Moderator: The Captain

HorseyBoy

Adventure Time, "James Baxter the Horse"

Post by HorseyBoy »

Those of you who don't have kids might not have had the chance to watch "Adventure Time", which is an amazingly cool, amazingly trippy show on Cartoon Network - seriously psychedelic shit, man. ("The Amazing Adventures of Gumball" and "Regular Show" are also ace.)
Anyway, this episode of "Adventure Time" features cartoon stompboxes as Finn and Jake visit the Institute of So-Und in an attempt to come up with original sounds that will make people happy (James Baxter is a horse with the uncanny ability to make sad people happy by balancing on a beach ball and neighing his name). They wind up in a room full of pedals and amps - it's like the cartoon version of Utopia.
Here's the whole episode. Institute of So-Und in about 5 minutes in. Watch and enjoy.

Philip

Post by Philip »

Ace stuff. :tu:
waveclipper

Re: Adventure Time, "James Baxter the Horse"

Post by waveclipper »

Ha! Mad stuff for sure. Unfortunately the wife doesnt allow my kids to watch regular show or adventure time any more due to their occasional use of terms such as 'butt cheeks' and the like...
Another great one is oggy and the cockroaches - top quality cartoon hyperviolence that makes itchy and scratchy look like the care bears...
peps1

Post by peps1 »

half stacks, full stack, DISTORTION PEDALS!!!!

Love this show, but always get a disapproving look from the mrs when I'm sneaking in a episode.
mopfloyd

Post by mopfloyd »

Gotta say Regular Show is my favorite.

Balls to 'Mopfloyd' I now want/need to be known as Trash Boat, ha ha
HorseyBoy

Post by HorseyBoy »

^ That's where having kids comes in handy. In fact they're only really useful as an excuse for watching cartoons and playing video games…
Jim Goad

Post by Jim Goad »

Adventure Time & Regular Show are both amazing. Can't get the link to play "copyright" blah blah. Had to get the Adventure Time DVD on import though :bleh: I wanna marry Lumpy Space Princess.

Pendleton Ward the creator is a big, beardy musician (plays drums I think), so probably has some knowledge of amps & effects.
It's like an orange on a toothpick