THE ENTIRE BRITISH PATHÉ ARCHIVE IS NOW ON YOUTUBE...

Post sounds and videos of bands you dig on, even your own.

Moderator: The Captain

psycho*daisies

THE ENTIRE BRITISH PATHÉ ARCHIVE IS NOW ON YOUTUBE...

Post by psycho*daisies »

We're pleased to announce the uploading of 85,000 films to YouTube. View and share here: http://www.youtube.com/britishpathe
:tu:
Attachments
British Pathe YT.jpg
British Pathe YT.jpg (68.6 KiB) Viewed 3236 times
If you struggle baby,
It only tightens up...
psycho*daisies

EVERY ROLLING STONES CLIP BRITISH PATHÉ JUST UPLOADED TO YOU

Post by psycho*daisies »

…All right, so here's a nice little round-up of old newsreels...
EVERY ROLLING STONES CLIP BRITISH PATHÉ JUST UPLOADED TO YOUTUBE
http://dangerousminds.net/comments/ever ... edirect=no
"On Sunday newsreel archivist British Pathé uploaded 85,000 films, in high resolution, to its YouTube channel. An incredible, if sometimes a bit stodgy, resource that will be viewed countless of thousands of times in the years to come. Lots of things like the Hindenburg.

And pop culture too. I scoured the British Pathé YouTube presence for all of its Rolling Stones footage (mostly by entering in the term “Rolling Stones” in the appropriate place). This is what that quest produced: 12 videos covering the years 1964 to 1970. Some of them are collections of raw footage that made up some of the completed items you can also see here. A few of them have no sound at all. The concert footage from 1970 isn’t very good, esp. the sound (which is glumly conceded in the YouTube “About” area), but a number of the clips are excellent in their way.

The “Rolling Stones Gather Moss” video captures the Stones in their “Hard Day’s Night” phase, so to speak. They’re still in the Beatles mold—until you get to the performance section, where nobody would ever mistake these guys for the Beatles. The footage from Australia is pretty solid and the Hyde Park concert after the death of Brian Jones is also very good.

My favorite, though, is the weird footage of the audience at the Stones’ 1964 Hull concert. Someone’s going to make a pretty dandy experimental movie out of that someday.

In each instance I have pasted the “About” text underneath the video. In one case there is a duplicate, the two Hyde Park videos appear to be identical, but we strive to be complete."

“Rolling Stones Gather Moss” (5:51, 1964)
If you struggle baby,
It only tightens up...
HorseyBoy

Re: THE ENTIRE BRITISH PATHÉ ARCHIVE IS NOW ON YOUTUBE...

Post by HorseyBoy »

^ They always were dandies, but Keef certainly looked different before the mummification process began. Wonder if he's still answers fan mail…
Again, Philip needs to be around to see this.
daCod

Post by daCod »

Thought the same thing... But knowing Philip he probably already knows about this.
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
psycho*daisies

Re: THE ENTIRE BRITISH PATHÉ ARCHIVE IS NOW ON YOUTUBE...

Post by psycho*daisies »

Yes, well the British Pathé news was highly spread around Facebook yesterday & the day before, so I'm sure he's seen the news.

But the Rolling Stones thing on Dangerous Minds blogsite, he possibly has not seen…it's not as widespread as F'book,,,but i could send it to him...
If you struggle baby,
It only tightens up...