FS: a few Balls amps

Up and coming builder? Sell your creations here...

Moderator: The Captain

Dr Tony Balls

FS: a few Balls amps

Post by Dr Tony Balls »

Moving to a different apartment and trying to clean house and get rid of some things I no longer need before I do so. Prices for all of these are basically used amp prices. Any questions, comments, idle chit-chat, whatever DM me or post here. Feel free to share amongst non-forum members (especially if they can local pickup a combo!)

OR80 Clone 2x12 Combo - $900

Straight up clone of the pre-74 Orange OR80 circuit. Cabinet, chassis, and iron are all by Weber, speakers are two Weber ceramic Silver Bells. Tolex started as orange but it has been fading to a good yellow. Turret-board construction. Includes an external speaker jack if you wanna run it with an extension cab. This was built originally for my personal usage playing shows around the city, I just dont have much use for it anymore. NYC pickup, please.

Balls EBF - $700 + shipping

This amp started its life as a different build altogether and for a number of reasons i wont get into, it didnt work out. So I turned it around and made it work out as the Balls EBF (English Blackface). Basically i've taken the 60s blackface-style Fender approach and English'ed it up. It uses a quad of EL34s for 100watts more on the midrange-y side of things, added presence control, and ppi master volume, while still maintaining the clean phase inversion of a Fender. Those combined factors put it sonically, to my ears at least, square in Hiwatt territory. Its loud as hell, crisp and clean, but if you want to crank it into gnarly territory it can do that. The build is a rework of an older build, with a few covered chassis holes etc. I'm just trying to make use of what I had and if I can recoup a bit of cost. Current head cabinet is blonde tolex, but can be recovered in black for an additional $50 if you want.

Only two clips I have are terrible quick ones because I am inept at making a recording of a loud amp sound proper. Dunno why.

Quick clip varying gain: https://soundcloud.com/user-507651432/ebf-gain
Quick clip varying tone:
https://soundcloud.com/user-507651432/ebf-tones

Balls Piglet - $800

Built as a proof of concept clone of the original Marshall 200 circuit (aka The Pig). This is the Pig preamp with a smaller output section (2xKT66 tubes at 50W).

Some pics:

Couple shit clips here: http://ballseffects.com/piglet-sale/
Philip

Re: FS: a few Balls amps

Post by Philip »

That Piglet sounds ace!
jerms

Post by jerms »

ugh! the piglet!! want!!!

hah and that orange turned into a lemon!😁
Dr Tony Balls

Post by Dr Tony Balls »

jerms wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 9:11 pm hah and that orange turned into a lemon!😁
for real! a number of years of direct sunlight will do it. my studio is a relic'ing chamber like that.
jerms

Post by jerms »

wow that's kinda cool! i have a vintage tweed fender that had to be recovered... looks so white compared to the OG! would be cool to cook it in your loft!
Dr Tony Balls

Post by Dr Tony Balls »

jerms wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 9:18 pm wow that's kinda cool! i have a vintage tweed fender that had to be recovered... looks so white compared to the OG! would be cool to cook it in your loft!
HA....well thats the one i'm moving out of so you'd only have a few more months of oven time.
jetofuj

Post by jetofuj »

These look great :badlove: