Blue Colander stompboxes

Up and coming builder? Sell your creations here...

Moderator: The Captain

sledz

Blue Colander stompboxes

Post by sledz »

Hey guys,
I'm trying not to intermeddle with my stuff everywhere, but since there's such a place I'm happy to post it here. Especially regarding the fact I make nice pedals but I suck on selling them, so I'll appreciate any attention from you guys :party:

I have 5 'serial' models right now, as follows:

1. Tremond - distortion with two channels and a blend knob. Wet channel is an old Rat clone, with some specs taken from early 'tone knob' version and some from whiteface. I use genuine NSC LM308n chips. Clipping diode switchie is here. Dry channel is mosfet booster, not really as clean as SHO and similars, but kinda warm with some compression and little breakup when hot signal applied - all to mix well with distortion part of the pedal. LPF switch cuts high freqs on the booster channel and adds even more gain, so its operation is perceived as bass boost. Pedal is killer for bass, for guitar you probably know what to expect from a good rat with such features.

2. Doppel - octave fuzz based on Foxx Tone Machine with some uncommon circuit tweaks. Overall character is rather dark and midrangey, with huge bass when necessary (jolt knob keeps undistorted low end). Fuzz knob is also special coz it's not only getting 'less gain' and muddying the sound like probably all Foxx-based pedals, but acts similar to a wah pedal, enhancing variable range of mid content across the dial. Really nice thing with lots of tonal option. Apart being somewhat dark it's aggressive and heavy, but smooth and full, unlike the next one, which is...

3. Lawrence - octave fuzz based on Foxx Tone Machine (again!). Pretty close to original circuit with different tone shaping part. Midrange is heavily pronounced what yields in dense, really coarse and synthy fuzz character. In both octave fuzzes there's octave level knob, which delivers much more possibilities than just full bore octave up effect. Foxx has a classic sweet and slinky octave sound, Doppel's more aggresive and raw.

4. FFAS - high gain silicon Fuzz Face. Equipped with TFK BC108c and all the goodies. I made it for brutal FF sounds, really dark and greasy if you play heavy music, or warm and retro if you don't play heavy music :whistle: Depth knob reduces low end and changes overall fuzz character, load knob reduces input gain so makes it less fuzzy or allows to use with another pedals before fuzz.

5. PIG - classic Rangemaster. Philips OC140 npn transistor operated, so standard power supply with negative tip friendly. Depth knob to vary from treble booster to full-range booster. Tuned for clean sound with little breakup, very bright and clear tone.

6. GT420 - power amp distortion with separate rangemaster-style silicon boost onboard. Real power amp chip circuit is preceded with natural sounding gain stage providing tube-like overdrive, preceding boost enables something what we could call two-channel operation, so the whole thing brings real amp feel. Three different BMP-style modes for one knob tone stack, wide gain sweep from almost totally clean to almost too distorted, so it's pretty complex device with many cool sounds.

More info and pics at reverb, link below, I'm happy to answer any questions here too.

All are handmade by me in Poznan, Poland, with lifetime warranty for labor and electronics and 2 weeks money-back guarantee. Some new models are planned, I also do custom works and some kinda 'replica' stuff, so feel free to take a look at my insta, reverb etc. :cheers:

https://reverb.com/shop/ee-1
https://bluecolander.bigcartel.com
https://www.instagram.com/blue.colander.stompboxes/
https://www.facebook.com/bluecolander/
Last edited by sledz on Thu May 13, 2021 8:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
daCod

Re: Blue Colander stompboxes

Post by daCod »

following you on IG keeping tabs on your builds. all look ace! the Tremond has always had my attention. one day...

what's the story with the PO BOX wedge bender (collaboration?) i keep seeing snippets of?

keep up the good work!!! :cheers:
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Yggdrazil

Post by Yggdrazil »

:freakout: Beautiful builds!!! :freakout:
Instagram:@Stonefly_effects

The idea is to put a pick in one hand and a guitar in the other and with a tiny movement rule the world.>David Fair
sledz

Post by sledz »

Thanks guys!

PO.BOX-75 is collabo with Stratgear shop from Porto. They got the idea and brand, also provided finished enclosures and some hardware. I made circuits, tuned with OC75 to sound nicely and assembled all together. It's simply MKII in a wedge box. Quite exciting project for me, first time with these wedge beauties! Pedals were presented this weekend at some event in Porto, but I don't have any details on their further distribution, price etc. Anyone interested shall contact Stratgear :)

And Tremond, yeah, quite limited due to availability of my nos lm308 bag. It doesn't seem like it's going out of stock very soon, but well... I can't say I don't want to sell pedals. :oldgrin:
The-kangass

Post by The-kangass »

got smaller 2knob version of FFAS recently and it really rocks! Thanks again man!
sledz

Post by sledz »

The-kangass wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:58 pm got smaller 2knob version of FFAS recently and it really rocks! Thanks again man!
It's my pleasure to provide fuzz pedals. :cheers: :freakout:
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

Nice looking builds man!!! Inside and out!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
sledz

Post by sledz »

redeyeflight wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:45 pm Nice looking builds man!!! Inside and out!
Thank you, sir. Time to make some sound samples - hope you can hear them this week.
punkbulldog

Post by punkbulldog »

Fab looking pedals inside and out buddy! Been drooling over your MKI that you have listed on Reverb - very nice indeed!
Instagram nick_1_9_7_4
MEH!

Post by MEH! »

They look fantastic. I'm going to follow your builds a lot closer.
What does FFAS stand for?
I wish it was FFAF - Fuzz Face as Fuk
:oldgrin: :tu: :freakout: