V8V Lil’ Growler – The YYs are back...but not for long!

Up and coming builder? Sell your creations here...

Moderator: The Captain

v8v

V8V Lil’ Growler – The YYs are back...but not for long!

Post by v8v »

Thanks in part to Lockdown, V8V pedals is gradually getting back up and running in 2020 after a long hiatus. The good news is that the bunch of Pedalenclosures YY’s that I purchased from Mike when he was still trading, have at long last made it to being fully built-up pedals after all these years. The enclosures are just like new, having been stored in their plastic bags ever since they came from Mike.

The v8v “Lil’ Growler” is my hybrid fuzz design, which features a NOS Silicon BC205 up front and the classic Mullard OC76 at the back. The first prototype was constructed about five years ago, and I had great feedback on it, so it’s been really nice to see a small batch of these come together after all this time. All the v8v usuals – Neutrik jacks, plenty of Vishay caps & other top quality parts. A while back, I managed to get my hands on a batch of really consistent Mullard OC76’s, which have been ideal for this pedal ...and I’m very happy with how it has turned out. It’s sweet & punchy with plenty of gain available, nice and controllable with decent clean-up, and has very low background noise. Runs from battery or external power, Blue LED on/off indicator and comes in Black/Gold/Red.

The downside is that there are only 15 Growler YY enclosures in existence, so if you fancy owning one be quick and drop me a PM – when they’re gone they really are all gone.. I only have about three or four of each colour.

Soundcloud clips are just up, - search v8v_pedals on Soundcloud, or go to https://soundcloud.com/user-458439101

Price is £220 GBP + £20GBP shipping to most international destinations.

It’s nice to be back - please do keep an eye open for a few more surprises from v8v in due course :oldgrin:

DSC_0015a.JPG
DSC_0015a.JPG (506.17 KiB) Viewed 2931 times
DSC_0007a.JPG
DSC_0007a.JPG (450.65 KiB) Viewed 2931 times
DSC_0008a.JPG
DSC_0008a.JPG (500.33 KiB) Viewed 2931 times
DSC_0009a.JPG
DSC_0009a.JPG (430.23 KiB) Viewed 2931 times
DSC_0013a.JPG
DSC_0013a.JPG (493.69 KiB) Viewed 2931 times
phidias

Re: V8V Lil’ Growler – The YYs are back...but not for long!

Post by phidias »

Welcome back! I still have my Buzz U Round, killer pedal :freakout:
I Love Rock'n'Roll - Compression Kills The Music - Never Put Off Until Tomorrow What You Can Buy Today!
v8v

Post by v8v »

Many thanks for the welcome back & great to hear that you still have the Buzz! Nice to be back again - really don't know how I managed to leave it this long!
rucalla

Post by rucalla »

Wellcome Pete!!!

Yes, another U Round user here, mine never leaves my pedalboard!!! I love it!!!

Thanks man!!!
sledz

Post by sledz »

Sexay!!!