The Pigeon FX Thread

Up and coming builder? Sell your creations here...

Moderator: The Captain

sovtekfuzz

Re: The Pigeon FX Thread

Post by sovtekfuzz »

I just found one of these for a good price used so i had to pick it up to try out! Possibly dumb question, once you plug it in is it always on? Or is the "normal" switch setting essentially bypass?
IG: SOVTEKFUZZ
Good deals with: Lpf4, Spook, Fishleehooker, sideasoundlab, freddy_von, hamoftruth, thinlazy, devnulljp
peps1

Post by peps1 »

sovtekfuzz wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:32 pm I just found one of these for a good price used so i had to pick it up to try out! Possibly dumb question, once you plug it in is it always on? Or is the "normal" switch setting essentially bypass?
Not a dumb question at all!

The stock units will only draw power when the slide switch is in the boost position. There are a few exceptions to this where someone has requested true bypass switching but this is mainly on the units with a footswitch added.

The best way to know for sure is to crack it open and look for the red wire from the battery snap:

If it's going to the middle position on the switch = only on when the slide switch is in boost position (stock units).
If it's going to the middle position on the 1/4" input jack = only on when the jacks are plugged in (far fewer are wired like this).

Hope that helps, and feel free to PM me a pic if you need confirmation. :tu:

Edit to add: if you mean from a pure signal path point of view, they are not true bypass...unless it's one of the units that was requested on, again just PM me a pic and can let you know exactly what the set-up is.
peps1

Post by peps1 »

Got a couple more Rangemasters done. Thought I would offer them up here before listing in the store.

Full blurb is here:
https://pigeonfx.com/collections/pedals ... pedal-oc44

Bigfoot2000

Post by Bigfoot2000 »

These look so good
Instagram: @bigfoot.2000
peps1

Post by peps1 »

Bigfoot2000 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:58 pm These look so good
Thank you :tu: