Univox Unidrive

Upload or share your old 60's and 70's ads/catalogs!

Moderator: The Captain

HydrozeenElectronics

Re: Univox Unidrive

Post by HydrozeenElectronics »

Do you think that's what he was using on "The Song Remains The Same"

I think the tone he had on "Dazed and Confused" from TSRTS is just about the best tone ever!

Thanks for posting this.
Philip

Post by Philip »

HydrozeenElectronics wrote:Do you think that's what he was using on "The Song Remains The Same"

I think the tone he had on "Dazed and Confused" from TSRTS is just about the best tone ever!

Thanks for posting this.
No, the unidrive was only used onstage for a short time during 1971.
HydrozeenElectronics

Post by HydrozeenElectronics »

Philip wrote:
HydrozeenElectronics wrote:Do you think that's what he was using on "The Song Remains The Same"

Thanks for posting this.
No, the unidrive was only used onstage for a short time during 1971.

Page must have been back to using the 3 knob tone bender for The Song Remains The Same?

I love that tone!
Philip

Post by Philip »

The only pedals visible during that time are a wah, a phase 90 and the footswitch for the echoplex.
DiscoFreq

Post by DiscoFreq »

Sickle wrote:
HydrozeenElectronics wrote:Page must have been back to using the 3 knob tone bender for The Song Remains The Same?
There's an anecdotal rumor floating around the internet that Page took out the guts in his Tonebender and put in...

We still don't know. But he was quoted joking about not using it's original guts, or maybe even the box being empty, I forget.

:fu:
It would be great if someone could interview people like Page, Townsend, Gilmour,... about their gear. I suppose the "big press" is not interested in technical details and others just don't get the opportunity to interview them :)
EffectsDatabase: http://www.effectsdatabase.com
26000 pedals, 4000 brands
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

Hendrix maybe used one as well??? this little excerpt is taken from here :http://www.jimi-hendrix.com/magazine/60 ... fects.html

" The Uni-Drive until was spurred by developments on the Uni-Vibe lineup and in 1970, Univox gave Hendrix one of the new units to test out. Little is known about Jimi's use of this component, but as it was released shortly before Hendrix's September 1970 death, little progress was likely made with it."
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Philip

Post by Philip »

Sickle wrote: But he was quoted joking about not using it's original guts, or maybe even the box being empty, I forget.

:fu:
I don't think Page has ever said anything like that? At best I think the modded MKII myth comes from Page saying the Tone Bender was a Roger Mayer creation.
Philip

Post by Philip »

Sickle wrote:
Fuck me, I get it now..

Mr Page, can I have your ferking autograph, mate?

:co:
:paranoid: