Next Custom Build

One-off's, mini-runs, etc. The White Whales, Ahab!

Moderator: The Captain

fuzz-tone

Next Custom Build

Post by fuzz-tone »

Not that this will happen soon, since Dave has got his nose to the grindstone, but any ideas for the next custom build? Maybe a "new forum" special or something?

Let me just state for the record...whatever the next custom build is, I call Philip's place in line! :lol:

p.s. I dig the new forum so far. I'm "circles" from the other board... avatar is the same.
Poorbob

Re: Next Custom Build

Post by Poorbob »

Well Dave's still got the fuzzarounds to deal with. After that, I imagine he'll want some down time before starting another custom project. This, however, allows us to think about what cool things we would like. Dave isn't likely to repeat any of the previous, so maybe a Zonk or something he hasn't done yet. What are the notables he hasn't done yet? All I can think of are the Zonk. Maybe a Gibson FZ-1 :dance: I imagine he likes to do the rare effects since they aren't readily available. Since the Zonk and '65 are so similar, would it be possible to make a '65 with a Zonk switch? :headbanger:
Mr. Maestro

Post by Mr. Maestro »

Poorbob wrote: Maybe a Gibson FZ-1 :dance:
Poorbob wrote:I imagine he likes to do the rare effects since they aren't readily available. Since the Zonk and '65 are so similar, would it be possible to make a '65 with a Zonk switch? :headbanger:
A D*A*M FZ-1 would make me very happy! It's one of my favorite pedals. Although the Zonk/'65 combo would probably be even better. I certainly wouldn't turn one of those down!
Last edited by Mr. Maestro on Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kb892

Post by kb892 »

I'm liking the Zonk or FZ-1 idea but that early Pep fuzz that showed up in the photo with John Lennon might be another early 3 tranny circuit (as I recall) idea since it's got the enigmatic historical appeal and the rarity factor too. Another thought would be a simple build so as to stagger the more complex runs and maybe set a pattern of complex, simple, complex, simple, etc.... just a couple thoughts while I wait for the IT guys to fix my damn printer!
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

Nah, no down time...I'll be right on the back on the next project :fu:

Though I might just do something a little simpler as jump gap from the Fuzzaround to the next. Maybe a custom forum special of one of the "stock" pedals. For sure a celebration of this righteous new forum is in order. :party:

I won't be doing the FZ-1 at any point I'm sorry to say. For one I don't consider it all that rare, ain't so hard to find if you look around in the right corners. Plus I have a fair pile other rare fuzz boxes I'd like to cover long before I got into anything like that...I ain't even had a good crack at the MKIII as yet.
Poorbob

Post by Poorbob »

I said the FZ-1 as kinda a joke since I knew it was pretty common on ebay. I would really go for that '65/Zonk though! :P

Poor Captain, you never get any rest. I haven't even gotten my Fuzzaround yet and look, here we are talking about the next custom build. Shame.

I'd actually like something different than a fuzz for a build. That D*A*M blue box looks nice. How about a Phase 90!?!? :hmm:
fuzz-tone

Post by fuzz-tone »

The Captain wrote:I have a fair pile other rare fuzz boxes I'd like to cover long before I got into anything like that...
Ooh! What's the short list? Could there be a D*A*M Pep Fuzz, as mentioned earlier? :freakout:
pigeontoe

Post by pigeontoe »

How about a Sovtek Big Muff clone since the Ram's Head is discontinued. I'd be all over that.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
mrpicard

Post by mrpicard »

The Captain wrote:Maybe a custom forum special of one of the "stock" pedals. For sure a celebration of this righteous new forum is in order.
Oooohhh, I like that :-)
nurket

Post by nurket »

mrpicard wrote:
The Captain wrote:Maybe a custom forum special of one of the "stock" pedals. For sure a celebration of this righteous new forum is in order.
Oooohhh, I like that :-)

+1! :dance: