Fuzz Sound and Super Bee for Dummies

High gain germanium bliss manifest in three dimensional reality.

Moderator: The Captain

redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

The fuzz sound is quite a bit more "modern" sounding than the MK II...tighter, higher gain, higher volume. Really the fuzz sound is a modified MK IV so it's an evolution of the MK II circuit. They're both quite different pedals!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
hyeronimusss

Post by hyeronimusss »

Are there major differences between the voice of mullard fuzz sounds and CV8314 (x2) and CV7004 ones??????
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

You're on your own there but I would have to say probably?
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
mjkk

Re:

Post by mjkk »

hyeronimusss wrote:Are there major differences between the voice of mullard fuzz sounds and CV8314 (x2) and CV7004 ones??????
Probably not much
"Yes I remember a brave guy named Roger dancing around musicians and cleaning their shoes. Occasionally we gave him our broken pedals for repair to get peace for some hours."
mjkk

Post by mjkk »

Cap't got shit pretty tight bro, everyone will tell you that transistors matter but most important is the builders skillz and knowledge of the circuit. I'd be very suprised if my black and gold fs-75 sounded different from of teh batch of these mullard ones you are refering to. You got to check one out if you can, they be the shit!!
:cheers:
"Yes I remember a brave guy named Roger dancing around musicians and cleaning their shoes. Occasionally we gave him our broken pedals for repair to get peace for some hours."
hyeronimusss

Post by hyeronimusss »

Tried the Fuzz Sound this weekend with bass (on an ancient Ampeg V4 and a mighty fridge cab): unbeliavable, possibly even better than with guitar
Had to wrench the FS free from the hands of the bass player :box: