Fuzzsound--how does it compare to MKII and GB?

High gain germanium bliss manifest in three dimensional reality.

Moderator: The Captain

bluemoon

Fuzzsound--how does it compare to MKII and GB?

Post by bluemoon »

How does the fuzzsound compare to say the Grease Box and the Sola/DAM MKII? What kind of tonal overlap is there? I am probably asking the wrong people this question...but would it be redundant to have all three?
Lee

Re: Fuzzsound--how does it compare to MKII and GB?

Post by Lee »

I have all 3 and they are different beasts especially the MKII compared to a Fuzz Sound. The Grease Box is similar but different that the GB is more a Germanium Overdrive. I do believe the Captain stated that the Grease Box is sorta a pedal that Sola Sound would of released after the MKVI towards the 80's. I recommend all 3

There are many videos on YouTube that have the Grease Box and Fuzzsound I would take a listen. There are different MKII's also that have similar but different tone. It's something you would need to hear for yourself to find the one you like
innerflight

Post by innerflight »

Digging the Fuzzsound pedal at the moment big time, if you have a chance to grab one, DO IT :party:
’brutish in character but not thug like’
bluemoon

Post by bluemoon »

Yeah, I think my question is less about whether I should pick up the fuzzound, but rather which of two I should sell (MKII or Grease Box). Unfortunately, I am leaning toward the MKII! I just got the Grease Box and initially was on the fence about keeping it. But after playing a lot, I have fallen in love with it. What to do? What to do?
innerflight

Post by innerflight »

tough choice dude, if it was me the MKII would be staying, hope that helps :badteeth:
’brutish in character but not thug like’
bluemoon

Post by bluemoon »

So probably a greater overlap between the GB and Fuzzsound, right?
anemochore
Location: Outside of Suquamish at the bottem end of Hawkeye's trail next door to Nooshkum

Post by anemochore »

Don't make me assume my ultimate form
anemochore
Location: Outside of Suquamish at the bottem end of Hawkeye's trail next door to Nooshkum

Post by anemochore »

So If at a gig I had a song that required a MkII but MkII craps out. I could easily sub with the Fuzz Sound by rolling back the attack and add a bit more bass than I usually have set on the Fuzz Sound. Does it sound exactly the same? No but close enough in a pinch
If My Grease Box (note I don't own a Grease Box...yet) crapped out I'd probably just go for a full range rangemaster with some added bass for that more articulate germanium overdrive vibe.
Don't make me assume my ultimate form
bluemoon

Post by bluemoon »

Hey, thanks for all the insight. Loved the video. Helped a lot. Fuck it...I think there is enough difference between the three to warrant keeping them all!