Main & Co. Supa Fuzz

Rocking horse shit and chicken lips.

Moderator: The Captain

Bigfoot2000

Re: Main & Co. Supa Fuzz

Post by Bigfoot2000 »

1bottlerocket wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:46 am
Bigfoot2000 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:34 am Fucking hell that is a disgrace. The workmanship, turnaround and the attitude combined with the price is utterly ridiculous. Do people still even buy his guitars anymore? How can someone run a business like that? I suppose if you’re Josh Homme you’ll get a nice guitar though and built quickly. What a fucking slapdash, rude, scumbag mutha fucka, basically stealing people’s money.

You hit the nail on the head. He doesn't build the guitars for his high-profile clientele, or has a lot of help with the building, though Joe Bonamassa made the mistake of purchasing a guitar and called him out. You can read about it here: https://www.gearnews.com/joe-bonamassa- ... lling-off/

Yes, he is still in business, but it is beginning to be a downward spiral. He was evicted from his shop space due to non-payment of rent and he is now sourcing most of his bodies from a Chinese manufacturer, Ginza. He took advantage of the eviction moratorium in the US and milked it for all he was able. Now he rents a shared woodworking shop for 150/month and is not able to manage those payments either.

I agree with you completely. I am not the only one that he screwed and the documented stories are horrifying. Hopefully, this all blows up and comes to an end. He is continuing to rip off unsuspecting customers and anyone who has not heard about his shenanigans. I am in contact with a guy right now that is in the process of getting bent over forwards. The wait for his guitar is now a year late and he is getting ghosted. The guy is a real huckster.
Absolutely the worst story I’ve ever heard. Hopefully he goes under ASAP so he can’t rip too many other people off. It would be lovely if someone could take legal action against the prick, not sure how the law works over there in the state. What would be perfect is if Josh Homme saw some of these horror stories and called the fucker out publicly. Is there a way you can all get together on social media and make an account that historically catalogues these horror stories and start tagging him in? Appreciate it’s a lot of work but I think it’s well worth it
Instagram: @bigfoot.2000
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

Bigfoot2000 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:23 am
Bigfoot2000 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:34 am Fucking hell that is a disgrace. The workmanship, turnaround and the attitude combined with the price is utterly ridiculous. Do people still even buy his guitars anymore? How can someone run a business like that? I suppose if you’re Josh Homme you’ll get a nice guitar though and built quickly. What a fucking slapdash, rude, scumbag mutha fucka, basically stealing people’s money.

You hit the nail on the head. He doesn't build the guitars for his high-profile clientele, or has a lot of help with the building, though Joe Bonamassa made the mistake of purchasing a guitar and called him out. You can read about it here: https://www.gearnews.com/joe-bonamassa- ... lling-off/

Yes, he is still in business, but it is beginning to be a downward spiral. He was evicted from his shop space due to non-payment of rent and he is now sourcing most of his bodies from a Chinese manufacturer, Ginza. He took advantage of the eviction moratorium in the US and milked it for all he was able. Now he rents a shared woodworking shop for 150/month and is not able to manage those payments either.

I agree with you completely. I am not the only one that he screwed and the documented stories are horrifying. Hopefully, this all blows up and comes to an end. He is continuing to rip off unsuspecting customers and anyone who has not heard about his shenanigans. I am in contact with a guy right now that is in the process of getting bent over forwards. The wait for his guitar is now a year late and he is getting ghosted. The guy is a real huckster.
Absolutely the worst story I’ve ever heard. Hopefully he goes under ASAP so he can’t rip too many other people off. It would be lovely if someone could take legal action against the prick, not sure how the law works over there in the state. What would be perfect is if Josh Homme saw some of these horror stories and called the fucker out publicly. Is there a way you can all get together on social media and make an account that historically catalogues these horror stories and start tagging him in? Appreciate it’s a lot of work but I think it’s well worth it
I've explored the legal option and it is an uphill battle with little chance of success.

Yes, the social media is an interesting option. Even when I was trying to sell the guitars on Reverb I detailed the horror story and issues with the intent of total transparency and I am not sure if it was him, or some of his brainwashed masses, I got a lot of hate mail. I reported it to Reverb but that didn't stop the hate mail. I eventually sold the guitars and took a huge loss.

I still may do something like that but I have to make the time to catalogue it. He still has a lot of brainwashed people who drank his koolaid but it would be a nice to slam this in their faces.
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
Bigfoot2000

Post by Bigfoot2000 »

1bottlerocket wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:44 am
Bigfoot2000 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:23 am

I've explored the legal option and it is an uphill battle with little chance of success.

Yes, the social media is an interesting option. Even when I was trying to sell the guitars on Reverb I detailed the horror story and issues with the intent of total transparency and I am not sure if it was him, or some of his brainwashed masses, I got a lot of hate mail. I reported it to Reverb but that didn't stop the hate mail. I eventually sold the guitars and took a huge loss.

I still may do something like that but I have to make the time to catalogue it. He still has a lot of brainwashed people who drank his koolaid but it would be a nice to slam this in their faces.
His followers are mindless and have probably never even played one of his guitars.

I just had a quick look on reverb. Look at the state of this binding and neck join. His work is shockingly bad. £4,000 for this chunk of shit and people knock big companies quality control? This crap wouldn’t have ever got past Epiphone’s Indonesian QC in the late 90s..

https://reverb.com/item/44017917-echopa ... t=44017917
innerflight

Post by innerflight »

You don’t have to quote every comment, just saying :badteeth: :paranoid:
’brutish in character but not thug like’
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

innerflight wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:43 am You don’t have to quote every comment, just saying :badteeth: :paranoid:
It automatically does that when you hit reply. I am not sure why. :badteeth:
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty

Post by TeleSoul »

There’s something about every ad I’ve ever seen for one of these guitars that just seems batshit weird as well. Like the person writing it is under a spell yet they’re still selling this “holy grail” irreplaceable instrument 🤷🏻‍♂️
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

His followers are mindless and have probably never even played one of his guitars.

I just had a quick look on reverb. Look at the state of this binding and neck join. His work is shockingly bad. £4,000 for this chunk of shit and people knock big companies quality control? This crap wouldn’t have ever got past Epiphone’s Indonesian QC in the late 90s..

https://reverb.com/item/44017917-echopa ... t=44017917
That's a big part of it. His followers have zero first-hand experience with the way he does business, nor the cash to afford his overpriced pieces of shit. That guitar you saw has two shims in the neck. When is the last time you saw a set-neck with a shim? Probably never. Pretty much everything on Reverb is in need of work, or will need work.

This is one of his 6k "Case Study" builds that he says are the, "pinnacle of all his experiences." That guitar sat on Reverb for a number of years before being pulled.

I tried to sell the builds I got on consignment with several of his former European dealers and every single one of them refused the guitar and informed me that they dropped him after the first shipment of instruments. They got stuck with him overvaluing import papers so they had to pay extensive import taxes and had to refund the customers through store credit or take the guitars back. The guy is bad news all the way around.
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

TeleSoul wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:45 am There’s something about every ad I’ve ever seen for one of these guitars that just seems batshit weird as well. Like the person writing it is under a spell yet they’re still selling this “holy grail” irreplaceable instrument 🤷🏻‍♂️
If it smells like a rotten fish, it is. These poor people got swindled out of their money. The chances are that most of the Echopark guitars on reverb have been sold two or three times. It is like the game of not wanting to get stuck with the hot potato.
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
Bigfoot2000

Post by Bigfoot2000 »

innerflight wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:43 am You don’t have to quote every comment, just saying :badteeth: :paranoid:
Great tip
Bigfoot2000

Post by Bigfoot2000 »

1bottlerocket wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:15 pm
That's a big part of it. His followers have zero first-hand experience with the way he does business, nor the cash to afford his overpriced pieces of shit. That guitar you saw has two shims in the neck. When is the last time you saw a set-neck with a shim? Probably never. Pretty much everything on Reverb is in need of work, or will need work.

This is one of his 6k "Case Study" builds that he says are the, "pinnacle of all his experiences." That guitar sat on Reverb for a number of years before being pulled.

I tried to sell the builds I got on consignment with several of his former European dealers and every single one of them refused the guitar and informed me that they dropped him after the first shipment of instruments. They got stuck with him overvaluing import papers so they had to pay extensive import taxes and had to refund the customers through store credit or take the guitars back. The guy is bad news all the way around.
Just awful. He’s probably a crack addict or something to be honest. It’s that kind of behaviour. I can’t believe that state of that blue guitar and the neck joint on the one I linked to. I think you’re right, looks like a shim!!