Tonebender 3-in-1

Rocking horse shit and chicken lips.

Moderator: The Captain

Sage

Tonebender 3-in-1

Post by Sage »

I am lifting this from a previous post to give this baby a place here in the "One Off's" section

I purchased this from the original owner that ordered this custom Tonebender directly from Dave in early 2005 and received it in July 2005.

According to Dave, this is the only pedal he made like this and he told me that it was "one of my all time favs...one of those that I kinda intended to make for myself....never did though."

It's an MKII circuit loaded with OC81Ds and a 1966 circuit loaded with a Mullard OC76 and an AC128. A rotary switch switches between the three different flavors of Tonebender fuzz (Italian Vox, MKI.5, and MKII), which share level and attack knobs. The level switch has a built in battery off switch that clicks when you turn it all the way down thus cutting battery power.

The Italian Vox and Mk 1.5 share transistors (kind of like the 1966 with its 1966/Super Bee settings).

Here's a description of the MKI.5 setting given to me by Dave himself:
"The MKI.5 setting is a slightly modified "Super Bee" setting....as you'll find on the stock '66 but modded so its a touch more closer to the original MK I.5. The Super Bee setting is pretty close to a MKI.5. A true MKI.5 is a touch more woolly and not as defined...the Super Bee mode is what I'd prefer a MKI.5 or a good Ge. Fuzz Face to sound like."
pigeontoe

Re: Tonebender 3-in-1

Post by pigeontoe »

:drool2:
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
muffin man

Post by muffin man »

:badlove: I wish i'd been around for these custom build's :bangs head:
zerorez

Post by zerorez »

Thats a pretty one! Really enjoy seeing the customs that Dave has done in the past :cheers:
Graham

Post by Graham »

You are a lucky devil - that's one of my all time favourites - there aren't that many pedals on this forum that I covet (what a dreadful thing to have to admit) but your pedal would be amongst the top five I ever saw Dave make and very possibly my second favourite (that I didn't manage to get myself that is :hihi: )

Greedy Graham :mrgreen: - and yes it is a disease! - I've no doubt whatsoever - the same deal as with crack but not quite so damaging physically - I'm saying nothing about the addictiveness :shocked:
JP30

Post by JP30 »

mee wants one too :badlove: that is super duper nice...

one of the sexiest gut shot I ve ever seem.
jimi_dylan

Post by jimi_dylan »

nice. :tu:
smogfalls

Post by smogfalls »

Oh my Lord!!! :harp:

:suicide:
Guitar Lessons - Online via Skype or in Nottingham, England

http://alexfarran.webs.com

Shape Lieutenant - Progressive Rock/Metal/Jazz...

http://soundcloud.com/shape-lt/shape-lt ... -june-2011
markom89

Post by markom89 »

That's my favourite!
Jeff, if you *ever* decided to sell, please hit me up first!
gururyan

Post by gururyan »

sigh...I remember the custom shop, even remember discussing a custom order with the Cap'n.

...I waited too long, missed my chance.
Ryan

They talk of my drinking but never my thirst.