Spelling of Tone Benders on the webb?

Ask a question...get some answers

Moderator: The Captain

Bert Ohlsson

Spelling of Tone Benders on the webb?

Post by Bert Ohlsson »

It's not at all a big issue, but as you read the texts here at Stompboxes or elsewhere on the webb, there are many different ways of spelling Tone Bender. This doesn't usually matter, and maybe it's more a question of personal taste to write Tone bender 2 instead of Tonbender mk II or mkII, or Sola Sound Tonebender Mark II, but when googling for a specific result it can be of bigger importance.

Most of us search without quotation marks, but these small tools can be real good friends and make our questions more specific, guiding us faster to the goal, without a lot of unimportant information. And there seems to be big differences: "sola sound", for example, gets some 34 000 hits, while sola sound gets 1 490 000! But at the same time "tone bender mk1" gets 75 500 hits leaving tone bender mk1 only at 31 800..!? At the same time a very small difference can reverse the results totally, with "tone bender mk 1" getting only 2 180 hits and tone bender mk 1 getting 67 200!

OK, I know, it's better helping mother trimming the garden, than this ciphering! But I couldn't resist making a little tryout, which of course can be developed with many more words and combinations in the future. If you look at
http://bertohlsson.se/node/4 you'll see my results.
According to this, if you want to be a little more specific using quotation marks, the following spellings could be preferable on the webb:
"Tone bender mk1", "Tonebender mk 1.5", "Tone bender mk II"

OK, take it easy, I'll help my mother, then... / Bert
devnulljp

Post by devnulljp »

AFAIK it's actually "Tone Bender" (isn't that The Cap'n's trademark?), not "ToneBender" / "Tonebender" / "Tone-Bender" / "tOneBEnder" or any other variation.
And I've also seen MkI.V instead of 1.5.
I still think it's weird that people say "an MkI" (as in 'em-kay one') and not "a MkI" (as in 'mark one'), but that' what makes language fun.

(I also spell it "web" :hihi: )
Last edited by devnulljp on Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dear Bongo, No.
Good deals with all these guys
get_with_it
Sola Sound London

Post by get_with_it »

:coffee:
Bert Ohlsson

Re:

Post by Bert Ohlsson »

devnulljp wrote:AFAIK it's actually "Tone Bender" (isn't that The Cap'n's trademark?), not "ToneBender" / "Tonebender" / "Tone-Bender" / "tOneBEnder" or any other variation.
And I've also seen MkI.V instead of 1.5.
I still think it's weird that people say "an MkI" (as in 'em-kay one') and not "a MkI" (as in 'mark one'), but that' what makes language fun.

(I also spell it "web" :hihi: )
Yes, it's originally Tone Bender, IRL, but Tonebender gives better results, at least when you're googling for mkI.V... Yes, I.V and 1.5 are common - and also I.5...! And both MkI.V and Mk I.V... Mk1.5 and Mk 1.5... and Mark I.V..etc.

Yes, of course - web! You're right, webb only gets 37 200 000 hits, while web gets 3 040 000 000..!

Sorry, mom is calling..! / Bert
Philip

Post by Philip »

The more you post the more it seems you are taking the piss. :smashed:
devnulljp

Post by devnulljp »

Dear Bongo, No.
Good deals with all these guys
Electric Warrior

Post by Electric Warrior »

:smashed:
Everything is transitional.
Bert Ohlsson

Re:

Post by Bert Ohlsson »

Electrical beauties, warrior! - I've got my TB on the wooden floor, 33 cm:s to the left of my left foot. Yours got both knobs at almost midnight, while my point at rock five...! But, hey man, this must be the wrong thread, must it not..? / B
Bert Ohlsson

Re: Re:

Post by Bert Ohlsson »

Sickle wrote:
Philip wrote:The more you post the more it seems you are taking the piss. :smashed:
Is there something I need to know here? PM me..
Well, wrong thread - but PM sent and auction coming up... / B